Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearns - American Boxing is DONE, They Will Come Over Here Begging for Paydays.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    How much gate are they doing for Matchroom cards? Big shows, small shows, whatever shows?

70% gate/30% TV would seem like either 1)massive gates, 2)tiny TV money or 3)overall less money from TV + gate than the US & maybe or maybe not more profit since its the show that sells more then 1 or 2 names on US shows.

Not a lot,

unless its a huge fight, (which don't happen here often)

Hearn is talking out of his ass per usual

America charges $69.99 for a HD PPV

Sky box office charge 20 quid for a PPV

We charge 30 to 40 quid a ticket for a big fight

Canelo ticket prices started at $140 an upwards

Hearn has the gift of the gab, but he can't even get Kell Brook a big name,

The reason why Degale fights in the US is because he makes more money. Hearn already admitted this
    Last edited by FrankieBruno; 05-14-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      Hearn may be right.

You've seen the first sign in the Algieri/Spence fight. $325K for Algieri, $225K for Spence. Even Thurman didn't get this low fighting cab drivers.
      Spence is a prospect $225 k is a lot of money for him

Comment

Wishful thinking

Comment

But he can't get even get Brandon Rios, Tim Bradley, or Jesse Vargas over there. And he brought Joshua here!

Comment

I totally agree...

I have been saying that american boxing is dead since floyd/manny...

I have been saying that hbo/showtime would slowly get out of boxing and use money towards shows like game of thrones, homeland etc

Mma/ufc has surpassed boxing in terms of star power since floyd n manny both retired
            Conor, Rhonda, jones outdraw canelo, wilder, crawford, Ward, and by a wide margin

PBC had a chance to revitalize the game and bring a mma-type structure to boxing but has failed badly in execution in terms of separating itself from the pack.

Money in America will mostly dry up for major paydays, and places like Quebec, UK, Japan, Russia, Germany will be where the big money is by the year 2020 if not sooner..

Boxing in America has been so mismanaged since the early 90s that the sport is nothing more then a niche sport.. Which is a shame because it was the best sport 60s-80s

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Spence is a prospect $225 k is a lot of money for him
              This.

That was a career high payday for Spence. Anyone acting like it wan't **** or it was a pay cut for him don't know whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR CANELO!. View Post
                Next time you make a thread like this, Make it say Hearn. I was expecting Thomas Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  I agree but once you get to a certain level opponents demand neutral venues. Look at Devon Alexander in St. Louis. After a couple of disputed decisions no top fighters wanted to go there anymore.

Postol for example refused to fight Crawford in Omaha. He wanted a neutral place.

My bad, I forgot to add how easy it is to travel in UK (public transportation) and the size so within few hours you can finish crossing the country, so if your fighter is traveling then so are you.

Back to the hometown thing...

Yeah but that is disputed decisions more than having a hostile crowd booing you. If you can ensure you won't get Kotelnik'ed then I dont think Khan would've had issue with St Louis but he already got shafted in Washington vs Peterson.

Postol thing goes back to TV revenue being main source of purses over gate plus thats PPV anyways.

I was speaking generally.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    Not a lot,

unless its a huge fight, (which don't happen here often)

Hearn is talking out of his ass per usual

America charges $69.99 for a HD PPV

Sky box office charge 20 quid for a PPV

We charge 30 to 40 quid a ticket for a big fight

Canelo ticket prices started at $140 an upwards

Hearn has the gift of the gab, but he can't even get Kell Brook a big name,

The reason why Degale fights in the US is because he makes more money. Hearn already admitted this

The Brook thing has more to do with begging for that King payday than anything else. Hearn brought over Martin for Joshua so pretty sure they can do Vargas which I believe how it is going to be.

Degale hasn't connected with the casuals, which is Hearn's target market, James doesn't have a mainstream appeal like his Callums, Joshuas and Crollas do. Clean cut, soft spoken, generic drones.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                      Next time you make a thread like this, Make it say Hearn. I was expecting Thomas Hearns.
                      dont ever tell me what to do, next time im red K'ing yoiur fat ass with all my 100 alts.

Comment

Working...
                      X