Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tavoris Cloud vs Adonis Stevenson = Could this be a War? FOTY candidate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Cloud punches that women beater into death.

Comment

It could. We'll see.

Comment

Unlike other KO punchers, Stevenson can fight well on the back foot. He won't mind letting Cloud press the fight and use his offense as his defense; he'll use his offense and footwork to keep the fight on the outside.

Unless Cloud can land a hurt Stevenson from the outside, he's going to have to work hard to get to the inside, where he needs to be to be effective. If he doesn't get there consistently, he's going get outworked to a decision. If he gets there consistently, it'll be a FOTY candidate.

I doubt it though. I think Stevenson is going to keep the fight on the outside and eventually get Cloud's respect. Stevenson can stop him, if he softens Cloud up to the body or makes a concerted effort to back him up; if he doesn't, Stevenson wins by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
          Hopefully Cloud punches that women beater into death.
          Yeah...can you imagine Cloud being recognised as officially the number one LHW on the planet...although he got soundly outpointed by a million year old Hopkins? LOOL that's boxing for you!

I can't see any surprises in this fight, both pack a punch but there's nothing too special about it. Cloud's power is overrated and even with Stevenson's one punch KO ability, barring Dawson it's mainly been against **** poor opposition. I actually think Cloud can get a pretty easy UD here...unless Stevenson gets that big punch in and Cloud's chin crumbles.

Comment

Whenever you have two mediocre talents, you are bound to have a WAR.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Yeah...can you imagine Cloud being recognised as officially the number one LHW on the planet...although he got soundly outpointed by a million year old Hopkins? LOOL that's boxing for you!

I can't see any surprises in this fight, both pack a punch but there's nothing too special about it. Cloud's power is overrated and even with Stevenson's one punch KO ability, barring Dawson it's mainly been against **** poor opposition. I actually think Cloud can get a pretty easy UD here...unless Stevenson gets that big punch in and Cloud's chin crumbles.
              Really? Adonis is the better boxer of the two. If he can handle Cloud's aggressive style and this fight somehow goes the distance Adonis should win IMO.

I don't see a descion though. This fight will end by KO/TKO...

Comment

Stevenson - 173.8 pounds
                Cloud - 174.6 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  Really? Adonis is the better boxer of the two. If he can handle Cloud's aggressive style and this fight somehow goes the distance Adonis should win IMO.

I don't see a descion though. This fight will end by KO/TKO...
                  Maybe I'm overestimating Cloud here, I like the kid and I actualy think he is the better boxer of the two.

I'd love it if both men just went to war, no matter how long it lasts, the last few weeks in boxing haven't been the best for big fights. The first half of this year was tremendous, hope it finishes off that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Maybe I'm overestimating Cloud here, I like the kid and I actualy think he is the better boxer of the two.

I'd love it if both men just went to war, no matter how long it lasts, the last few weeks in boxing haven't been the best for big fights. The first half of this year was tremendous, hope it finishes off that way too.
                    Well, we will definitely find out tomorrow who is the better boxer. Like I said in my first post I think we're in for one hellava fight. Both of them are aggressive players by nature and that something you can't change. They are going to throw bombs in Montreal tomorrow.

We do have some good match-ups to look forward to so I think this year will finish off in good fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      Well, we will definitely find out tomorrow who is the better boxer. Like I said in my first post I think we're in for one hellava fight. Both of them are aggressive players by nature and that something you can't change. They are going to throw bombs in Montreal tomorrow.

We do have some good match-ups to look forward to so I think this year will finish off in good fashion.
                      Yeah and I just wanted to point out Stevenson's physique, at 175 even though he is below the limit, he looks BEASTLY! Damn!

Comment

Working...
                      X