No announcement yet.

Magna Carta Holy FAIL........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magna Carta Holy FAIL........

Okay, it's not terrible, but after 4 years.....this is the best stuff Jay can give us??? It's right up there with his weakest releases in my honest opinion.

Heaven, Picasso Baby, Somewhere In America, Oceans are by far the best songs on the album. BBC, FUTW, Nickles and Dimes were alright. The rest, meh not that good in my opinion.

I can't see how people are praising the production, way too many Timbaland beats, but a lot of it sounded like experimental beats for him, with average lyrics. I wish Jay would try to just pen it with his rhymes, instead of this off the top of the dome stuff (he basically spits random stuff off the top of the dome, finds something he likes, and uses it). If Jay would pen it, his lyrics would be much stronger than they've been on his latest releases, WTT and MCHG.

I didn't think it was better than Blueprint 3, which several people loved to hate it seemed. That album wasn't too bad actually, it was better than Gift and Curse but not better than the original obviously. A lot of tired subject matter from Jay. If you're going to have tired subject matter, there better be some insane wordplay or lyricism on the record, or else it's just bland. That's how I felt listening tot his album, that it sounded bland and uninspired a lot.

Anyways, I just wasn't feeling the album too much. I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 5 probably.

honestly tho, i only like 3 songs.

holy grail, on the run and ****withmeyouknowigotit. nickels and dimes on a good day.

BP3 was better.

Comment

I liked it. not sure how much. Theres only like 2 or 3 songs I didn't like. Pretty nice to listen to straight through if you have time to kill.

Comment

Yea okay, Jay-Z is garbage but even I liked MCHG

You're just hating.

Comment

i was pumped as hell when i got it on july 4th and thought all the songs were good... now that it marinated...

Comment

It just felt bland and real simplified for me. His lyrics felt uninspired, even on the song about his daughter, I was expecting much better.

Comment

i dont pop mollies i rock tom ford.

pathetic, rushed hook. ill beat tho.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Yea okay, Jay-Z is garbage but even I liked MCHG

You're just hating.
                I love Jay, I have all his albums, with the exception of the Kanye collaboration and MCHG.

His lyrics were average most of the album, experimental beats the whole way through, and a very uninspired tone for me.

I'm the first guy to say critics are full of it, but I don't think it's a coincidence that critics are giving this one crappy reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  It just felt bland and real simplified for me. His lyrics felt uninspired, even on the song about his daughter, I was expecting much better.
                  I didn't like that one or the one with beyonce much. There was one or two more that sucked but I can't remember right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                    I didn't like that one or the one with beyonce much. There was one or two more that sucked but I can't remember right now lol
                    Same here. Part II compared to some of their previous collab's, it doesn't even come close.

I don't know, it was definitely his weakest album since 06's Kingdom Come. American Gangster was pretty dope and Blueprint 3 was actually not too bad in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X