Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner doesnt have to be the next Floyd Mayweather. Hes the next Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downy_tax View Post
    You guys are virtually a non factor when it comes to greatness.. only have a few black british champions and the only one that last long was Lennox and he pales in comparison to the likes of Ali, Johnson, Louis, etc..

African Americans not only revolutionize how fighting is done but bring interest by being themselves and not no brown nosing soft spoken soft butt.
    And Lennox was trained by a African-American not some sorry *** british trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      I'm surprised someone that's "black" would write a post this moronic. In America black youths aren't born with an "ego" friend, it's a learned behavior, for the most part its a defense mechanism. Blacks in America have lived in an incredibly hostile environment for many years, check our history son before you start talking out of the side of your face. What we have we've earned, was done through struggle and protest and even to this day blacks are struggling for full equality. So yeah, we have a little attitude......
      Oh don't gt me wrong my brother I fully understand class struggles and the struggle our people went through. But that doesn't excuse the fact that Afro-American boxers not all of them act like complete a holes. Look at Bradley, trout etc. these aren't afraid to be proud of their heritage but they still don't act like complete idiots. Anyway lets not beat around the bush, these 'Elite Athletes' may act like they run the show but let's be honest they are just a commodity for the rich elite. So feel free to let these 'role models' be your idols but remember that these guys are actors. The real role model is the guy you dont see.

We have a little attitude? No my friend a real attitude is the attitude Malcolm X had, real attitude is what Martin Luther king had. This is not an attitude this is ignorance. There is an element of truth that you say regarding the struggles. But Making it in life doesn mean you become a complete dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
        Oh don't gt me wrong my brother I fully understand class struggles and the struggle our people went through. But that doesn't excuse the fact that Afro-American boxers not all of them act like complete a holes. Look at Bradley, trout etc. these aren't afraid to be proud of their heritage but they still don't act like complete idiots. Anyway lets not beat around the bush, these 'Elite Athletes' may act like they run the show but let's be honest they are just a commodity for the rich elite. So feel free to let these 'role models' be your idols but remember that these guys are actors. The real role model is the guy you dont see.
        Again, the behavior you describe isn't so easily understood in the terms you've used. "Act like complete idiots," falls drastically short of understanding what it's like to be black in America. No one should get a pass for "bad behavior" but I think everyone should have an opportunity to be understood. And behaviors aren't just random bra, they have antecedents and those causes can be traced directly back to environment.

"Role Models" can be found everywhere, in public, private but most hopefully they are found in the home in the form of good parenting.

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
        We have a little attitude? No my friend a real attitude is the attitude Malcolm X had, real attitude is what Martin Luther king had. This is not an attitude this is ignorance. There is an element of truth that you say regarding the struggles. But Making it in life doesn mean you become a complete dickhead.
        Look dude, what Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. had was more than attitude, they had a singular desire to create change and make a lasting difference for their people. The attitude you're talking about deserves to be analyzed beyond a simplistic value judgement, because human beings and their behaviors are more complex than that.

I'm always interested in how quickly people are to dismiss behavior, as if it comes out of nowhere and the individual is completely responsible. I'm sorry but the world isn't that simple. Sometimes some folks see the world with blinders on so being a "dickhead" is all they know, but it isn't all they are.

Feel me?

Comment

Working...
        X