Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great thread Cupo...Vegas went wild last night. I was shocked to say the least. Pacquiao was looking good but he seemed to be missing something...that "killer instinct"...the "eye of the tiger"? Great win for all JMM fans and the Mexican contingency here. There were a couple assh0les but talked to a couple Mexicans after the fight and they were mostly gracious victors. Gave Pac his props and said nobody wanted to see him go out like that. Ya gotta love boxing though.

Comment

• It was a great bout. It really reminded me of watching Morales-Barrera II way back. The fights weren't similar, but there was so much tension and drama in that fight. Like every single punch was the most important punch they ever threw.

The ironic thing is, I think that's the best Pacquiao has ever looked against Marquez minus the knockdowns. For the first time, he was getting in and getting out without letting Marquez land anything. Marquez was frustrated. The only two damn clean punches he landed were the KD and KO.

Marquez just had to say "**** it" and go for that home run.

Comment

• Here is what I think.

Pac came off the drugs, Marquez came ON it. The fight was fixed but not the KO. I think of it this way, with Marquez winning it will setup a fight with Mayweather on Chino De mayo. Now that JMM has risen to the top of the p4p rankings, the fight will sell huge.

Although I don't wanna see JMM vs Mayweather in another snooze fest

Comment

• My eyes bulged & my jaw dropped when the KO happened. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I must say though, I was getting a little nervous for Marquez before the knockout occured. Pacquiao was looking pretty ****ing great & you could tell he really wanted it. He walked right into that perfect counter right though & it was lights out.

Congrats to JMM for finally getting the W he deserves & in specatacular fashion. Really happy for him.

And props to both of them for being incredibly classy afterwards to each other. You can tell really do respect each other quite a lot after so many fights.

Anyway, great night of boxing that was, no doubt.

Comment

• Has the elephant in the room been addressed in this thread? Anybody think Marquez looked like an altogether new man last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
              It was a great bout. It really reminded me of watching Morales-Barrera II way back. The fights weren't similar, but there was so much tension and drama in that fight. Like every single punch was the most important punch they ever threw.

The ironic thing is, I think that's the best Pacquiao has ever looked against Marquez minus the knockdowns. For the first time, he was getting in and getting out without letting Marquez land anything. Marquez was frustrated. The only two damn clean punches he landed were the KD and KO.

Marquez just had to say "**** it" and go for that home run.
              Yep. Boxing once again messes with my mind. I just cant ever predict what the hell is going to happen.

Havent felt so messed up since Tyson lost to Holyfield. I remember feeling devastated. 16 years later its a similar feeling. And i didnt think i liked Pac that much. I think its just the brutality of the KO.
              Pac, like Tyson, was seen as the biggest thing in boxing. A monster, who does the vicious KOing.

When he was laid out last night, not moving, i thought he was dead. I really thought i cant watch boxing no more. Yet im happy for JMM. If anyone was going to KO Pac, im glad it was him. Totally deserved it. Great fighter.

And i cant believe Roy Jones said Pac wasnt going to get caught with a big right anymore. It looked to me that JMM would be dangerous until the fight was over. Still cant believe JMM had that kind of power. But Pac was Hatton'd. I dont go for the PED conspiracies based on great performances.

= boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                When he was laid out last night, not moving, i thought he was dead. I really thought i cant watch boxing no more.
                Wow. I was shocked to my bones but I didn't feel it to that extent, though I'm fascinated (and can understand) why you did.

It just reinforces how powerful boxing can be. The stakes are just incredible.

Boxing has more often left me saddened/upset than elated.

You do sometimes wonder whether it's all worth it. Even seeing fighters I dislike like Berto looking so badly disfigured and damaged like he did by the end of the Guerrerro fight leaves me feeling uneasy and bummed out.

Comment

• I like the idea of fight threads in the lounge. Felt for Manny, but JMM deserved a win on the page of history as in my mind he beat him at least once before.

Comment

• Man Pac looked good last night aside from getting reckless and eating that monster shot. It is a weird sight seeing him on the canvas for the KD let alone the KO.

I dont really think JMM is on anything because we all saw his dated workout program when he was on 24-7 with Floyd. Getting a new strength and conditioning coach just helped him alot.

What are your guys predictions on the next move for JMM and Pac. One of them has to be fighting Tim Bradley right?

Comment

• I'm having fun watching Fillipino reaction videos.

Comment

Working...
                      X