Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward and Froch should be consider top 5 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea yall prolly right, but i think froch is getting too much credit for the bute fight, he had close matches against dirrell, kessler, n he got schooled by ward

Comment

Ward - Top 5

Froch - Top 10

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
        yea yall prolly right, but i think froch is getting too much credit for the bute fight, he had close matches against dirrell, kessler, n he got schooled by ward
        When you fight eight hard fights in a row, some will be hard and you might lose one or two, especially when you face Kessler on the road and Ward generally. It's easier to win big when you take some more unlosable stuff in between. And Ward wasn't really a schooling. Just a solid loss. He wasn't embarrassed and Ward had to work hard to keep Froch off all night.

Comment

Kessler is a very good fighter while Ward is a potential atg. Dirrell well, some people rate him but it was a farce of a fight.

Comment

froch is good but i dont think hes in the p4p at all

money
            pacman
            ward
            martinez
            marquez
            donaire
            w.klits
            bradley
            mares
            dawson

i dont think hes better than any of those guys
            Froch's resume is better than the guys I bolded!! Bradley the one being close, but the rest is a clear cut he have a better resume!

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            When you fight eight hard fights in a row, some will be hard and you might lose one or two, especially when you face Kessler on the road and Ward generally. It's easier to win big when you take some more unlosable stuff in between. And Ward wasn't really a schooling. Just a solid loss. He wasn't embarrassed and Ward had to work hard to keep Froch off all night.
            Co Sign!!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
              Froch's resume is better than the guys I bolded!! Bradley the one being close, but the rest is a clear cut he have a better resume!

Co Sign!!
              Martinez lost the first to Williams close (no sin) and had tough moments with Macklin and Barker. No sin there either, but while he's been fighting them and begging for JCC, Froch fought Johnson, Ward, and Bute in succession. Martinez is faster and looks prettier. Froch fights tougher guys more consistently. I'd have no problem with anyone rating him over the aesthetically cleaner Donaire and Martinez. The only guys who I would say are hands down ahead of Froch are May, Pac, Marquez, and Ward. Everything else is up for debate and one can make a case lots of ways.

Comment

Ward IS top 5 and Froch isn't top 20

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                  Ward IS top 5 and Froch isn't top 20
                  Ouch!!!.....a lil harsh dont ya think?

Comment

not many boxers have a better resume than Froch over the last few years

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
                      Ouch!!!.....a lil harsh dont ya think?
                      Yeah not top 20 is a little harsh, Carl is in the 15 to 20 range for me. He has a good resume but he is lacking big time in the skills department.

Comment

Working...
                      X