No announcement yet.

Roach on Floyd: "Very difficult fight...his style does give us trouble."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    not trying to convice anyone.....and not sayin hatton opned himslef up on purpose either....im just sayin , hatton did not throw anything when floyd caught him...

i never said floyd is not a counterpuncher either...actually , his right hand counter is the best ive seen....but im realsitic and floyd is not as versatile of a counterpuncer as many make him out to be....

i reveiw many of his fights from time to time and i observe....
    I want to believe you, but when you take past fights and make up numbers it just gives off a bad impression. What's the purpose behind saying Floyd threw 26 punches per round against Baldomir, when he really thew 38 punches and those numbers are accessible? One may question your motive.

As far as counters, Floyd generally thows a right-hand pull-counter, a right-hand roll counter, a right uppercant counter, a left hook and check left hook counters. 95% of what he does is based on counters and timing. JMM throws more combinations, but Floyd is much more accurate with his single shot, so much so that he doesn't feel the need to throw combinations any longer, according to him.

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
      I want to believe you, but when you take past fights and make up numbers it just gives off a bad impression. What's the purpose behind saying Floyd threw 26 punches per round against Baldomir, when he really thew 38 punches and those numbers are accessible? One may question your motive.

As far as counters, Floyd generally thows a right-hand pull-counter, a right-hand roll counter, a right uppercant counter, a left hook and check left hook counters. 95% of what he does is based on counters and timing. JMM throws more combinations, but Floyd is much more accurate with his single shot, so much so that he doesn't feel the need to throw combinations any longer, according to him.
      you dont have to believ me.....do you memorize floyd's average punches without looking at compubox results.....youre exaggerating floyd counterpunching abilites and personality as a fighter...not counting his right pullcounter, floyd most of the time tries to stay out of range when his opponent is thowing, thats his style and personality, thats what he's known for....one reason why floyd is more accurate is becuase he thrwos very little....that happens..

Comment

Pacquiao ain't seeing the final bell, I can guarantee you that. Floyd will systemfcially break Pacquiao with right hands until Roach throws in the towel. It will be a totally one sides fight. Anyone with a brain can see this is a MISMATCH in Floyd favor. The writing is on the wall.

Comment

What is all this talk about Floyd looking better on paper? Come on we only saw him out box, outclass DLH, Hatton and Mosley before they faced Pacquiao. So how is it that these guys were too old when they fought Floyd but alive when they fought Pacquiao? Wake up people and see the reality. Roach has and for this he deserves some credit. No disrespect for Pacquiao, he took fights against guys that were taylored for his style. I would have done the same but now he has to face the top dog and that's Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
            What is all this talk about Floyd looking better on paper? Come on we only saw him out box, outclass DLH, Hatton and Mosley before they faced Pacquiao. So how is it that these guys were too old when they fought Floyd but alive when they fought Pacquiao? Wake up people and see the reality. Roach has and for this he deserves some credit. No disrespect for Pacquiao, he took fights against guys that were taylored for his style. I would have done the same but now he has to face the top dog and that's Floyd.
            "Come on we only saw him stuggle , and bearly beat DLH, almost got dropped by Hatton in the first round probably wouldve went the distace if it wasnt for cortez ,and almost got knocked out cold by Mosley before they faced Pacquiao. and manny walked right through all of them"

i fixed what you said for accuracey !!!!!!!! you think mayweather is going to have a easy time with a ATG 8 division champ like manny !!! but he struggled with old ass DLH !!! went life and death with corley , and struggled with hatton for most of the fight !!!!!! c'mon b lets keep it real , the fight isnt going to be one sided for mayfeather and you know it !!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

would like to see Manny fight Bradley to warm up to Mayweather... Manny still hasn't faced a young prime Black American fighter. If he goes right for Mayweather it would look like he's cashing out.

Comment

he shouldn't have said "floyd is his last fight"... now arum will have another reason not to make the fight..

Comment

you are hallucinaing my man...there was no left hook thrown by hatton...he got caught before he could throw anything....

plus, if floyd was so good countering with a left hook , how come there is only one fight that youre basing this on?...shoud'nt it be more if he was so good countering with a left hook?...lol
                  Seriously ??! Are you trolling or you're ******ed ??

Floyd set up that punch in the rounds before the ko happened. He landed that same check hook every time hatton tried to land a left hook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbMVRUDVYc

Here it is in slow motion, go at 20 seconds. Can you see the punch now dumb ****** ??!

Comment

you dont have to believ me.....do you memorize floyd's average punches without looking at compubox results.....youre exaggerating floyd counterpunching abilites and personality as a fighter...not counting his right pullcounter, floyd most of the time tries to stay out of range when his opponent is thowing, thats his style and personality, thats what he's known for....one reason why floyd is more accurate is becuase he thrwos very little....that happens..
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbMVRUDVYc

Go at 1 min 13 to see it from the top.

Sometimes I wonder who is the most ******ed, Puga, Check hook or Pasayago

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
                      roach will throw in the white flag once pac starts getting picked apart..............

it's gonna be a part in the fight when we see pac just standing there taking counters at a lost of what to do..........

it's gonna be embarrassing.......
                      I Said the sameway back when and still to this day. Too easy.

well, most people think jlc won too vs floyd in the first fight....you think jlc was better than jmm?...lol...floyd is overall better boxer than jmm, but he aint a better counterpuncher than jmm...
                      JLC was a f-in decade ago. He came back and finished the job correctly. Pac is still working on his Marquez issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X