Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So basically the only boxer that stands out on Cotto's record is Mosley ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
    mosley is mayweather best win, and cotto beat a better mosley
    This dude thinks Mayweather started his career in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
      Cotto's period at junior welterweight was weak.
      i disagree, mainly because he was dried out, got up from knockdowns, and won the fights, and although i'm not impressed too much with an undefeated record, but an undefeated record surviving knockdowns is highly respectable.

like i said, not world beaters, but tough guys, that if you're not on your game, they will beat you.................

bottom line, cotto shouldn't be marginalized, he fought 6 times in 2001, 7 times in 2002, 5 times in 2003, only 4 times in 2004, during his raise, it's really not possible to fight mega fights that many times, so obviously he was fighting guys that weren't the world biggest threat, but they were tough, and he had to rise to the occasion each and every time, which is tough to do.

it wasn't until he moved up in weight and started fighting bigger named guys and or what have you, that he slowed down how many times he fought, because it took more preparation and promoting of those fights........

what cotto has done in his career is hard as hell to do and I don't see many fighters accomplishing the same feats in the same fashion that cotto has.

i was at one point a cotto critic, but that changed when i started looking at his schedule and body of work, it's impressive, and took a lot of hard work and focus, and i think the focus is the hardest part about all of it.

Comment

I'm a Mayweather fan, but you get credit for what you have done not what you didn't do.

Regardless of what other factors(Top Rank vs Golden Boy, Mayweather vs Arum) that was a fight that should have happened at some point and time at 147, but didn't. I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm just saying that's a fight people wanted and it didn't happen.

If he were to come out of retirement and fight Berto next which is possible then he wouldn't get credit for beating a young undefeated champ right?

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
          This dude thinks Mayweather started his career in 2007.
          who's better? corrales the hypejob?

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
            so your saying margaritos win over Martinez is not even credible? hahaha...
            Any margarito win is not "credible" Cause after he got busted with the PLASTER-OF-PARIS, he's gotten his *ss mopped around the ring by Shane and PAC. He really hasn't looked that good since after the discovery!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
                it is isn't it? hahaha floyd's resume ****in sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  So was Margarito.
                  Chups you saying Torrecampo and Singsurat are not overrated?

Comment

oh my god. just leave dude. seriously.

Comment

As far as Margarito goes the only real stand out win on his resume is against Sergio Martinez given what Martinez has gone on to accomplish. He got beat by a green Paul Williams. To his credit I thought Margarito should've got the benefit of the doubt against Santos but I don't think Santos is all that good of a fighter. The thing about Cotto is he himself is overrated even more so than Margarito. The two best wins on his resume could easily either be losses or draws.

As far as the TS stating what he thinks I actually agree with him. And I think Floyd would've dominated both of these guys but he still shoulda fought them. If you lose to a green Paul Williams and go life and death with Clottey you aint beating Floyd and that's a fact. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even like Floyd either. But he is an extremely talented fighter. ]

People gotta realize that Margarito did the same thing that Floyd did by becoming a diva and calling out Oscar for the big money when Floyd's shoe was on his foot and Cotto had the same intentions providing he got the win over Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                      X