Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think of buying console. Which is best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] I think of buying console. Which is best?

I can not decide between playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Which is better? Which have better game? I like games like Call of Duty and GTA4

Please give me feedback.

Thanks.

Well having just bought a console recently i went through the same thing you did.

This article made me decide:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstat...o-years-later/

The guy is pretty neutral and says the good and bad points of both consoles.

Personally i bought a 360 and i'm happy so far, my main reason to buy it was because there are more games, the online is better and most of my friends have a 360, and i wanted to play with them.

I'm sure i'll miss the great games on the ps3 though.

Comment

Well, I'd say the 360. It's made for multi-player, and seeing a bunch of sick games are coming out for it, it's never a better time to grab one. Halo ODST is supposed to be good, as well as Halo Reach. Not to mention it's cheaper and can be easily mod'd to play free games.

The PS3 is worse in my point of view. It makes you feel as if it's fragile just because of the cost and size. Not to mention most of the people that play online blow, if you want good competition and tournaments, grab a 360.

Also, look what's coming out next summer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r9cKjNQe4&feature=fvst

Good luck on choosing.

Comment

Originally posted by NicoBLV View Post
        Well, I'd say the 360. It's made for multi-player, and seeing a bunch of sick games are coming out for it, it's never a better time to grab one. Halo ODST is supposed to be good, as well as Halo Reach. Not to mention it's cheaper and can be easily mod'd to play free games.

The PS3 is worse in my point of view. It makes you feel as if it's fragile just because of the cost and size. Not to mention most of the people that play online blow, if you want good competition and tournaments, grab a 360.

Also, look what's coming out next summer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r9cKjNQe4&feature=fvst

Good luck on choosing.

This is has got to be one of the funniest post I have read in quite sometime. I really got a good laugh out of it.

Funny you mention fragility when the 360 is known for breaking down time and time again. I have a friend who got the red rings 4 times. Luckily my brother only had to replace it once, so far. The PS3 is by far more reliable than the 360, that's just a fact.

I don't know how you can make a statement on who plays what online and how good they are. Saying that those who have a 360 are better online gamers than PS3 owners is quite possibly the most fanboyish statement I have every heard and hold absolutely no water. I don't know how any human can possibly know such a thing, unless you have played every single sole 360 owner online (no you haven't) and every single sole PS3 owner online (no you haven't) then maybe you can make such a statement. You pretty much just made yourself look like a complete ****** with that statement. Just saying.

Now onto you Hazard, my suggestion would be to look at the 360's library of game and the PS3's library of game and see what you think you'd like more. Focus on the system exclusive game of course. As someone who has both systems I'll tell you that both systems are great and I have enjoyed most games for both.

Obviously there's gonna be hit and misses for both. If you have a HDTV I would say get the PS3, there gonna start making more and more games using 1080p output and the few games I have that use that output look stunning. I mean, 720p and 1080i look great also but once you see 1080p, man you'll never want to go back. Also you can use the bluray if you don't already have one.

As for the 360, it's a lot cheaper which is always a good thing. It's got great exclusive game as well and looks great in HD too (not like the PS3 tho).

It's all about personal preference really. Like I said before look at the games each system has to offer, look at the future exclusive games that are soon to come out and just go with your gut. Remember, you're not buying the system for the system, you're buying the system for the games, so focus on that. You won't be disappointed either way IMO. If you got the cash I say why not get both lol.
        Last edited by USA4LIFE; 08-17-2009, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Stop talking about red rings and XBox 360.

My friend had a PS3 that broke more than his 360, the RRoD is becoming a myth now.

Comment

Ummm xbox 360 with hdmi is 1080p also.

also correct me if im wrong but i belive that even though the graphics card in the ps3 is faster it only has 128 mb of ram compared to the xbox 360's 512.

but really just look through the game library's and see what games you would be interested in personally though i think your best bet would be to pick up a snes or n64

Comment

i like the ps3 much more

Comment

Wow..

I wasn't just blind firing at this subject, I've played both systems enough to know my facts.

First of all, that statement is true seeing Xbox live has more players than PSN. Not to mention bunches of PS3 players complain about how they get raped on Xbox Live. Now, about the RROD, as far as that goes, it's pretty easy to avoid.. DON't leave your Xbox on for days, or abuse it in any way. Of course it's going to break.. Other than that, there is no other problems with the Xbox. You can't really go wrong with anything Microsoft, seeing they have a warranty anyway, but more so they're just one of the most trustworthy brands out there.

As for the Fanboy statement, I guess I am one, aren't I? I'd take the 360 over the PS3 any day. just for the fact it's more fun and has a better selection of FPS games, which are what I like.

Graphics? Don't really matter to me, as long as I can clearly see what the hell is on the screen, it's fine. Gameplay is what matters.

But it's not what we think anyway, he'll end up making his own decision in the end anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post

also correct me if im wrong but i belive that even though the graphics card in the ps3 is faster it only has 128 mb of ram compared to the xbox 360's 512.
                  you are wrong...

"The PlayStation 3 has 256 MB of XDR main memory and 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory for the RSX."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614682p1.html

Comment

ok, true story, for TS....

Personally, I prefer the ps3.... just my preference...

however, i will admit this... NONE of my friends with PSs have decided to go out and buy a 360 because they felt their ps3 lacking or had issues with it breaking... BUT almost all of my friends that have/had a 360 went out and bought a ps3... and none regret it... some kept their 360, some didnt... but thats as real as i can put it...

im not even going into my preferences (i have two ps3s actually for different rooms etc ), im just telling you what i see from OTHER consumers!

the 360 has alot of games, the ps3 does too... but the upcoming lineup for the rest of 09 and all of 2010 does favor the ps3 IMHO....

for what its worth,

before Demise comes in here and starts flamin the thread with his fanboyism...

Comment

Working...
                    X