No announcement yet.

Boxing and the Klitschkos are more popular in Europe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Ironfist View Post
    Wlad was stopped by BIG punchers like Ross Purrity, who weighed 25 pounds more than him. Corrie Sanders was not a greatly talented fighter, but he was one of the hardest punchers of the past ten years. Rahman said Sanders had the hardest punch he ever felt - Sanders has early KOs over boxers like Bert Cooper who went into later rounds with top heavyweights like Mercer and Holyfield.

The fighters who knocked Haye down were smaller than him: Mormeck, who fought much of his career at 190, Thompson, at 175 and Mock, who still fights at 168.
    Those all took place within his own division. It can't really be compared alongside Wlad's knockdowns in HW, since with that logic bantamweights and lightweights all have glass chins because they go down just as much as HWs - actually, they go down in any division for that matter. Why would a CW knockdown be any different to a HW one? In the end, both men have gone down from good shots in their own respective divisions.

Carl Thompson, the "blown up LHW", weighed 198 for his fight against Haye - meaning the latter getting stopped was a laughable thing, right? OK. So if Wlad gets knocked down by a "blown up CW" in Haye, won't that look a bit silly with your reasoning?

If both fighters have made the weight, the KD shouldn't "mean" any less.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
      All right. I'll entertain you. Sure, Haye's opponents suck. Now answer the rest of my question.

Regardless of the quality of his opponents, did he not have the guts and the courage to unify his division?
      No he did not! Haye was unable to unify the cruiserweight division, because of the slick IBF champion Steve Cunningham, who he knew he'd lose to.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ironfist
        Haye was unable to unify the cruiserweight division, because of the slick Steve Cunningham who he knew he'd lose to.
        You see. This is how I know you're biased. Klitschko has yet to unify, and you don't blame them. Haye wins pretty much EVERY available belt out there, then is drained from losing weight and would rather chase history, and you condemn him.

I gave you a chance to not seem like a nuthugger. I gave you a chance to look like a stand up guy. All you had to do was lay a compliment on the talented Haye. Just say, 'Yes, he does have hand and footspeed, but he'll still lose.' But you can't do it. You're that baised.

If Haye wins, and Haye has literally NO TALENT, like you're making it out to be, what would that make Wladimir. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Comment

Because I live here, not over there. I don't know very much German.

I'm always downloading fights in the German language - I wish I could watch them in English with decent commentary. I do enjoy the UK commentary.

There's a lot of good American commentators too like Kenny, Tessitore, Steward, Ricardo, and Lampley. But sadly, on virtually every broadcast I need to put up with an idiotic, bigoted Euro-hater like Atlas or Kellerman.
          Oh, I thought you lived in Europe. Cool, fair enough.

I personally like Atlas and Kellerman, but understand how one can hate certain announcers for various reasons. It goes back to Howard Cosell (who, strangely enough, is entertaining to me now when I go back and listen to him, but thought he was kind of annoying when he was alive).

Comment

You see. This is how I know you're biased. Klitschko has yet to unify, and you don't blame them. Haye wins pretty much EVERY available belt out there, then is drained from losing weight and would rather chase history, and you condemn him.
            Big difference!

Cunningham WANTED to fight Haye, but Haye refused!

Wlad has been trying to get a fight with Valuev for years, but Don King and Sauerland don't want to cash in their Sasquatch just yet.

If Wlad KOs Haye he will get no credit, they'll say Haye was moving up from cruiserweight. Just like Atlas gave Vitali no credit for beating the former cruiserweight champion JC Gomez.

Strangely enough, Bowe and Lewis were given credit for beating Holyfield...
            Last edited by Ben_London.; 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Big difference!

Cunningham WANTED to fight Haye, but Haye refused!

Wlad has been trying to get a fight with Valuev for years, but Don King and Sauerland don't want to cash in their Sasquatch just yet.
              Lol. OKay, I'll lay down that argument, as well. Just to prove a point.

Now, can you acknowledge that Haye is a fast punching, hard hitting guy? Can you admit that he has solid footwork? Can you admit that he has a fast and snappy jab?

Comment

Lol. OKay, I'll lay down that argument, as well. Just to prove a point.

Now, can you acknowledge that Haye is a fast punching, hard hitting guy? Can you admit that he has solid footwork? Can you admit that he has a fast and snappy jab?
                Haye is nothing special - he used a lot of dirty tactics, hitting while holding, hitting opponents when they're down, and rabbit punching.

He looks good against bums like Maccarinelli, but wait until you see what happens on June 20.

Comment

If Wlad KOs Haye he will get no credit, they'll say Haye was moving up from cruiserweight.
                  Again, since I asked this elsewhere and you never answered, who exactly are you speaking for? If Wlad KOs Haye and demolishes him, I'll be the first on here with mad propz for the champ because I'm a boxing fan first and foremost.

However, if Haye dispatches your man, I can guarantee you not a single Klitschko fan will be on here praising a "blown up CW" for defeating the indestructible Steelhammer. Not one.

Prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ~ironfist View Post
                    haye is nothing special - he used a lot of dirty tactics, hitting while holding, hitting opponents when they're down, and rabbit punching.

He looks good against bums like maccarinelli, but wait until you see what happens on june 20.
                    is he ****ing fast or not!?!?!?

Comment

is he ****ing fast or not!?!?!?
                      His speed is nothing special. Nothing about him is special.

Comment

Working...
                      X