Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is Valero the top dog at 130lb according to the RING?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightmare11 View Post
    He hasn't fought at that weight yet.
    Yes but he says he can't make the super featherweight limit anymore.

Who will be the number 1 when Valero is gone?

The division suddenly turned into one of the weaker ones in boxing, but this gives a chance for up & coming prospects like Gamboa to make their name as the division's ruler.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
      Yes but he says he can't make the super featherweight limit anymore.

Who will be the number 1 when Valero is gone?

The division suddenly turned into one of the weaker ones in boxing, but this gives a chance for up & coming prospects like Gamboa to make their name.
      I thought Gamboa was staying at 126 after his fight with Jimenez.

Comment

I think its unfair to say power is his ONLY attribute, he could certainly work on other aspects of his fight but that is a given. i think he could do ok at 135 although he is on the smallish side

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Clottey View Post
          I thought Gamboa was staying at 126 after his fight with Jimenez.
          I guess so.

According to the Ring, Humberto Soto and Rocky Juarez would be the two top fighters in the division.

Baloyi and Cook are title holders.

Comment

I guess so.

According to the Ring, Humberto Soto and Rocky Juarez would be the two top fighters in the division.

Baloyi and Cook are title holders.
            Yeah Gamboa's next opponent looks decent, & he didn't take the fight on short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Clottey View Post
              Yeah Gamboa's next opponent looks decent, & he didn't take the fight on short notice.
              I think Gamboa was supposed to fight Marcos Ramirez earlier this year but Ramirez pulled out (and Jimenez took his place).

The fight is now on again it seems. No one can accuse Gamboa of fighting 'soft' opposition.

Comment

I think Gamboa was supposed to fight Marcos Ramirez earlier this year but Ramirez pulled out (and Jimenez took his place).

It seems the fight is now on again. No one can accuse Gamboa of fighting 'soft' opposition.
                I didn't think Seeger was soft opposition really either to be quite honest.
                He was a solid vet who got caught.
                Jimenez was a good fighter too.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  I wouldn't either. It was Gamboa's 11th fight against a former title challenger.

Not making it a bigger deal than it is but Floyd Mayweather who was also brought up quite fast fought a journeyman with as many losses as wins in his 11th fight.

Gamboa of course is an experienced amateur and in his mid/late 20's already so he has to take on solid opposition early.
                  Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-14-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Jimenez was a good fighter too.
                    His promoters were pissed at his performance against Jimenez, & fired his trainer. Now he has a new trainer he knew back from Cuba that trained his father, so I feel he won't fall fate like some of these other prospects.

Comment

Working...
                    X