Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Slams Terrorists For Bombing, Twisting Muslim Faith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Amir Khan needs to permanently move to U.S.A - he and his family are not safe in Europe. Come to the land of the free and home of the brave Amir...we teach those radicals not to **** with our citizens.
    Didnt this man kill 49 people in Orlando??

...what about the Boston bombers, 3 dead people? and the San Bernardino attack where 14 people died.

There's no such thing as a safe country and homegrown terrorism is pretty much impossible to stop.
    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      Iraq was disaster, just as bad if not as bad as targeting children. Its the main reason why the world is a total mess right now. It wasnt a war, it was an illegal occupation.

Saddam Hussein was a dictator, but no worse than any other dictator. The US supports plenty of dictators.

The destruction of Iraq and Libya are to blame for most of this mess.Unstable regions, weakened boarders, lawlessness. This to me is just the blowback, sadly it seems the US wants to target Syria next, they have actively been arming the rebel/terrorist groups over there.

Dictators should only be toppled by their own countrymen and we damn sure shouldn't be arming them.
      Delusional Frankie.

9/11 was before Iraq & Libya and so was the 1993 WTC attack for that matter.

This isn't blowback, these are deranged people living amongst us, they don't need a reason to hate us, it's enough that we're western and different to them.

It's time they're sent back to the third world mumbo jumbo lands of their fathers, they don't belong in our first world society.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-25-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Well said by Amir Khan.

I know that all Muslims aren't bad. I have several Muslim friends, they just want to work for a better life for themselves and their families like we all do.

We need to stick together to combat this scourge of terrorism, and more of the good Muslims need to take a stand against this.

Comment

Khan is correct, Islam doesn't believe in killing innocents. One problem however is down to the definition of innocence. When followers of all other religions, Islamic apostates and people of no faith are all 'guilty' then that has already covered the majority of the world. Add to that the fact that ISIS and other hardline Islamic groups define innocence as a state only attainable by those carrying out Jihad then you really begin to appreciate the issue.

The majority of muslims in the west aren't hardline in the slightest, which is great. They are great. However radicalisation can occur so easily due to community pressure and when it does there's really only one path to redemption...

Look at it this way. If loving fathers can feel pressured enough to maim, disfigure or kill their only child to protect the family honour then what kind of pressure do you think the fast living young dude who sleeps around, gambles, drinks and tokes the odd reefer will feel when the more fundamental in the community get on their case?

This is something Westerners have dealt with before, with their own religion. They eliminated it themselves but it took time. Hopefully the 'new' Westerners can find the strength and support to do the same, and fast. For everybody's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            All lives matter. And I agree that there is not enough condemnation of perpetual warfare in the middle east. But where is it shown that western powers directly caused the death of 2 million Iraqi civilians? Where ?

There shouldn't be any civilian loss in a warzone - but that is unrealistic. I don't even think there would be such an outcry if the Jihad was carried out against a soldier's base in the UK, for example, but targeting, actually targeting kids at a pop concert is brutal cowardice.
            The 2 million figure is probably well towards the top end of the estimates but a total figure of 1 to 1.5 million civilians between 1991 and the present would be acceptable to most - higher if you include deaths that could be indirectly attributable due to the rise of violent organisation and jihadist groups in the ruins of society left after the two invasions. The Lancet study counting excess deaths from 2003 - 2006 totaled 654,000 (other studies have come out much higher though the IBC has the figure much lower) though this and most other studies do not include deaths from disease or malnutrition which are the direct result of the breakdown of society. The aftermath of the first Gulf War was also incredibly costly - the sanctions regime (described by the UNs own inspectors as 'genocidal') targeted medicines and foodstuffs and, predictably, a vast number of the victims were children. Estimated deaths range from about 350000 to close to a million (mainly children or the elderly). The figure of 500,000 is generally not considered an overestimate. Direct civilian casualties from Coaltion action in the 1991 war are estimated in the 20 - 30000 range.

So. Totals between 1991 and 2006 are around 1.2 million excess civilian deaths without including those who have died from disease or malnutrition as a result of fragmented infrastructure and other factors. Some estimates are much, much higher. I'd probably be a little peeved if it was my country.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-25-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Well, never been a fan but it was a brave thing to say when others say nothing. Hope nothing happens to him and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Delusional Frankie.

9/11 was before Iraq & Libya and so was the 1993 WTC attack for that matter.

This isn't blowback, these are deranged people living amongst us, they don't need a reason to hate us, it's enough that we're western and different to them.

It's time they're sent back to the third world mumbo jumbo lands of their fathers, they don't belong in our first world society.

The 1993 WTC attack did occur in the midst of the US led sanctions regime imposed by the UN however and the sanctions remained in place until the 2003 invasion (though I believe were relaxed somewhat).

Estimates of deaths directly attributable to these sanctions range from around 350,000 to well upwards of half a million (the NY times reported 561000 by 1995). Mainly Children. The sanctions were described by the UNs own inspectors as 'genocidal'.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/12/01/wo...n-reports.html

That's a lot of kids, man.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-25-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  Most Muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists ARE Muslims....
                  Good use of logic

Comment

didn't he get away with mowing down and killing a guy in his car

close enough

Comment

Religion or politics don't belong in Boxing, or sports for that matter. Khan shouldn't feel the need to apologize. Crazies exist all around the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X