Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell of a k.o.

Comment

• Stevens got Knocked out Cold and in humiliation and shame

compact mini man Stevens with the 5 inch jab got flattened and embarrassed. Stevens' career probably ended in shame via the stunning KO. The tattooed Stevie looked dead in the ring. Get some tattoos Steve in white ink for Lemieux. shame shame Stevie no name

Comment

• Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
        damn, outstanding perf from lemieux, tireless from start
        landed right on his chin, no1 can withstand that punch
        I liked that he used the jab to keep Curtis' hands at home. Spectacular performance on the big stage from Lemeiux. That was world class, one punch KO power, Julian Jackson esque as Kellarman put it.

Comment

• First thing, the KO was brutal. Now we know why Lemieux came in heavy. I think Stevens is too small for the division. He'll do great against lesser opponent but put him against a full size MW with skills and he is going to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluepete View Post
            I didn't say you called anyone a bum yourself, but people already downplay fighters enough on here. Just one loss and they're no good. I don't think the division is so bad. You alluded to Hagler time and said yourself alot of his challengers were forgettable. I think there are plenty of talented fighters in the division but they're not perfect. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be appreciated and a knockout like that should be celebrated, it's the sport at its most dramatic.
            I'm totally with you on everything said here.
            Last edited by Butch.McRae; 03-12-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              in the trout and lara figths canelo was in zero danger of being ko'd. those fights were always going to be wins as long as canelo kept it reasonably close on the cards and golden boy knew he was good enough to do that.
              Easy to dismiss the fighters after the fact. Lara stopped Angulo before Canelo did, and both Trout and Lara did show they can punch, before and after the Canelo fight.

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              according to who? he was supposed to fight him last year and dropped his belt to fight liam smith and you still have people defending him. there are never any deadlines in fandom. they will continually make up excuses.
              Well, it's been the first time that Loeffler actually said they were close to a deal. Before that he'd always say stuff like 'we are talking', 'keeping the lines open' and other rubbish like that. Before that both sides weren't specific on a date. So it may be subjective, but I think it' s real this time.

Now, what interests me is whether GGG will fight in June. I keep hearing talk about GGG fighting Sanders in Kazakhstan. Would be interesting...

Comment

• If Ward, Canelo or one of the Charlo brothers pulls this type of crass, unprofessional ****ery the online boxing community would lose their collective minds. People hate Money May but he would 'never' show this level of disregard for the health of a fellow boxer. But, mark my words now that Lemieux has set a precedent for low moral behavior inside the ring without receiving admonished from anyone, this unsavory act is sure to be duplicated and when it does we can thank David Lemieux and his followers.

Comment

• Originally posted by observer View Post
                  Easy to dismiss the fighters after the fact. Lara stopped Angulo before Canelo did, and both Trout and Lara did show they can punch, before and after the Canelo fight.

Well, it's been the first time that Loeffler actually said they were close to a deal. Before that he'd always say stuff like 'we are talking', 'keeping the lines open' and other rubbish like that. Before that both sides weren't specific on a date. So it may be subjective, but I think it' s real this time.

Now, what interests me is whether GGG will fight in June. I keep hearing talk about GGG fighting Sanders in Kazakhstan. Would be interesting...
                  Warren will never let Saunders fight outside the UK. Especially not against Golovkin. I might get laughed out of town but I think Saunders could give him problems and is an talented boxer when he's prepared right. But I don't think Warren believes in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by right_uppercut View Post
                    If Ward, Canelo or one of the Charlo brothers pulls this type of crass, unprofessional ****ery the online boxing community would lose their collective minds. People hate Money May but he would 'never' show this level of disregard for the health of a fellow boxer. But, mark my words now that Lemieux has set a precedent for low moral behavior inside the ring without receiving admonished from anyone, this unsavory act is sure to be duplicated and when it does we can thank David Lemieux and his followers.
                    I like Lemieux and he's fun to watch, but I don't like how he blew the 2nd IBF weigh in. Too bad there wasn't a clause in the contract to give Stevens extra cash for Lemieux missing the weigh in.

Mayweather did show this level of disregard for the health of a fellow boxer. Remember the JMM fight? Money came in overweight for that one.

Comment

• Lemieux will get destroyed by GGG again.

Comment

Working...
                      X