Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto vs. James Kirkland HBO PPV To Be Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    but but but ann wolfe doe
    I get so tired of hearing the Ann Wolfe excuse. They probably made him hire her for the fight to sell the "James is a different fighter with Ann" angle. If she's such a great trainer where are her other world champions?

Comment

• What happens to Rigondeaux now?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
        I think Cotto beats Brook, but, at his age and after 15 months out of the ring, he needs a stay-busy fight first.
        Kirkland, trained by Ann Wolfe, was not going to be a "stay-busy fight!" That was going to be a real fight! Cotto and Brook need each other at this point in their careers. Make it happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Kirkland, trained by Ann Wolfe, was not going to be a "stay-busy fight!" That was going to be a real fight! Cotto and Brook need each other at this point in their careers. Make it happen!
          I completely agree...

What I meant is that Cotto needs a stay-busy fight since Kirkland is off and he (or RocNation) likely will not be able to put together a fight with Brook in short order. I don't think Cotto can afford to wait any longer to get back in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
            I completely agree...

What I meant is that Cotto needs a stay-busy fight since Kirkland is off and he (or RocNation) likely will not be able to put together a fight with Brook in short order. I don't think Cotto can afford to wait any longer to get back in the ring.
            I disagree. I think Cotto can do what he's always done, a big fight on the weekend of the Puerto Rico Day Parade in NYC! Brook can't afford to say no to that, and a fight with Cotto @ 153/154, is much better than a fight with Errol Spence Jr. @ 147! Hearn should be on the phone right now!

Comment

• Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              Lol @ people thinking Cotto will fight someone like Brook, Lara or a Charlo now that Kirkland is out of the picture

Cotto will look for another shot fighter or a bum or another cripple to beat on. That's Cotto's modus operandi, specially coming from a loss
              Sad but true.

Kirkland is B level, Cotto needs to find another similar type or a shot old timer like Martinez.

No more live dogs for Miguel.

Unless, maybe Khan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I disagree. I think Cotto can do what he's always done, a big fight on the weekend of the Puerto Rico Day Parade in NYC! Brook can't afford to say no to that, and a fight with Cotto @ 153/154, is much better than a fight with Errol Spence Jr. @ 147! Hearn should be on the phone right now!
                I'd love to see that fight, but I'm pretty sure that this has already been the longest layoff of Cotto's career. If he's going to fight Brook on the weekend of the PR Day Parade (which would be great), he shouldn't do it with ring rust...especially at this age. At this point, I think he just needs to get back in the ring.

Comment

• Grab Spence before he fights Brooke but Cotto would never go for that bout...

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    Good let's make Brook vs Cotto
                    What is wrong with you???????

You'd rather that than Brook vs Spence?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      HBO needs to put that undercard on cable, let's see how much they care the boxing fans.
                      HBO can't afford to pay the fighters...that's why everything goes to ppv.

Comment

Working...
                      X