No announcement yet.

GGG Canelo PPV prediction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
    Cotto was older and small, no KO power in him we were watching for the respect for him.

GGG and Canelo are bulls going to war, it's different.

If this is made for May then the casuals would pay to see it and it could do 1.5 million buys

Cotto is more well known than GGG, not to mention that he bought the Puerto Rico/Mexico rivalry to the table. They still could not get to a million.

In fact, in the last 3 years only 1 fight has garnered a million PPV and that was the big one that everyone was waiting for.

I see no reason to believe that these two guys will intrigue casuals who barely know them to pay upwards of $70 for a PPV.

That says less about the fighters than it does about the PPV model.

Comment

Originally posted by Trayhezy View Post
      Cotto is more well known than GGG, not to mention that he bought the Puerto Rico/Mexico rivalry to the table. They still could not get to a million.

In fact, in the last 3 years only 1 fight has garnered a million PPV and that was the big one that everyone was waiting for.

I see no reason to believe that these two guys will intrigue casuals who barely know them to pay upwards of $70 for a PPV.

That says less about the fighters than it does about the PPV model.
      It's not a rivalry when no one saw the fight coming and now GGG-Canelo has been built up for a year and the fans wanna see it. Cotto was no threat to Canelo. The Puerto Ricans that were watching the fight never expected a KO or a slugfest.

We all know what GGG does and we have seen the KO's Canelo has been stacking and the fans don't expect this to go 12 rounds. It doesn't matter if you are mexican and wanna see GGG get KO'ed or u wanna see Canelo get KO'd, thats the most important part. The odds are this fight will most likely finish in a KO rather than a decision and that's why it's different than Cotto-Canelo.

Every fan is gonna be visualizing their fighter knocking out the other guy, thats what sells ppv's.

Comment

Cotto had a bigger name plus the whole PR/Mexico rivalry going for the fight and it still didn't break a million.

It's easy to say in hindsight that Cotto was small old and shot but going into the fight a lot of people viewed it as a 50/50 fight.

I don't see how GGG vs Canelo does any better than Cotto and I'm a huge GGG fan.

Comment

None of the 2 brings lots of casual fan. So the most buys will come from Mexican. The truth is the same as cotto canelo, so the numbers shouldn't be that much different

Comment

Working...
          X