No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto is Busting Up Sparring Partners, Fierce For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    But you dont get pick and choose which catchweights you accept, and which catchweights are unacceptable.

If you accept catchweights, then you accept catchweights.

The fact is, catchweights are unnecessary.

I'm sure everyone can see they are being abused.
    I agree that catchweights are being abused, but I don't think it's a black/white issue of you either accept catchweights or you don't. Circumstances vary depending on the match-up.

Even merely stating that catchweights are being abused implies that there are some legitimate uses for them.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
      I heard Bumlovkin if fighting another bum... on ppv! lol
      that bum would KO cotto in one round the fake MW champ cotto will not go near GGG

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
        I agree that catchweights are being abused, but I don't think it's a black/white issue of you either accept catchweights or you don't. Circumstances vary depending on the match-up.

Even merely stating that catchweights are being abused implies that there are some legitimate uses for them.
        anybody that drains for CW does not care if they lose like delahoya did with froid. when big money involved guys will drain knowing they might lose. big money ruins everyone and everthing

Comment

Cotto fight night will be like 166 and Canelo 175 like always Mexicans try to get advantages with the weight but i does not matter this time Cotto by decicion

Comment

The Martinez fight

The Martinez fight was won for Cotto before it even began. I tend to disagree with fans that give credit to Cotto for that win. Martinez was broken and injured, but yet still decided to go through with that fight. The version of Martinez that knocked out Paul Williams would have beaten Cotto in a tough but clear win. BTW, I am a fan of Cotto but anyone that thinks it was a quality win is sorely mistaken.

Comment

I don't think the weight will make much of a difference for the fight. The better fighter will win on fight night. Just my opinion, but I think they are both natural JMW's. If Canelo decides to come in heavier, it will probably not be to his benefit as it will affect his movement and speed. I also don't think Cotto has the power to KO Canelo, so I'm going with Canelo by late KO or decision (whether it's SD/MD/UD).

Comment

bro Martinez in his best never beat Cotto !Cotto is far superior than Martinez no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingsGuru View Post
                  The Martinez fight was won for Cotto before it even began. I tend to disagree with fans that give credit to Cotto for that win. Martinez was broken and injured, but yet still decided to go through with that fight. The version of Martinez that knocked out Paul Williams would have beaten Cotto in a tough but clear win. BTW, I am a fan of Cotto but anyone that thinks it was a quality win is sorely mistaken.
                  Perhaps this is stating the obvious, but Cotto deserves the credit because he took the risk. We see everything with 20/20 hindsight, but Martinez was a 2-1 favorite going into the fight, right? Even with lingering injuries, he was still favored by most people who were paying attention....and then he got nailed with a left hook to the temple.
                  Last edited by bigjer88; 10-15-2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: emphasis...

Comment

not cotto this is just Freddie throwing out smoke and mirrors cotto trains to the best of his ability for every fight regardless of whose he's facing with the PR v.s MX it adds more fuel cotto will be at his best and will shut down all the haters and send canelo back to the drawing board

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Not even going to touch the subject of Martinez...that's a can of worm that'll turn into a war of words and they won't be flattering to Cotto so out of respect for his contributions to the sport i'm going to back off that one so you and I don't turn this place into a war zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X