Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but who has actually been in the ring before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone is entitled to an opinion but who has actually been in the ring before?

I have trainer two years off and on sparred quite a lot never had a sanctioned amatuer fight, wrestled i high school two years, did tae kwon do a while.....bills and life kinda got in the way but soon as everything is straight im back at it, eventually want to become a boxing trainer....boy would it be great to have my own stable of contenders and champions

I've never a boxer, I did train with my uncle who is a head boxing trainer for the cuban boxing team. My brother was a very good amateur and I sparred with him many times.

Not a boxer, but I was a great basketball player during my teens and early 20's, for endurance I would train at the gym under my uncle.

Comment

Not many people on here have been inside of a boxing ring, hence the constant **** talking, and nonsense that is discussed on hurrrr. Mooofoka step inside a ring and you wouldn't be talking as much **** as you normally do. Nevertheless, I doubt haters have the balls to take a punch to the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I have trainer two years off and on sparred quite a lot never had a sanctioned amatuer fight, wrestled i high school two years, did tae kwon do a while.....bills and life kinda got in the way but soon as everything is straight im back at it, eventually want to become a boxing trainer....boy would it be great to have my own stable of contenders and champions
        To answer the thread question, me.

Comment

I was into boxing at a very young age. When I got older I went to football camp and found out that I had good speed so I began to focus more on football. Football requires you to lift heavy weights which isn't good for boxing skills so eventually I became 100% focused on football.

Plus boxing don't give athletic scholarships.

But looking back as much as I follow the sport and watch old film, i wish i stuck with it.
          Last edited by -PBP-; 06-03-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            To answer the thread question, me.
            would you like to add anything about your experience in the ring

Comment

Boxed from 13-20 years old. Never took it serious, couldn't really if I wanted to, didn't have support. All I did was spar.

Comment

Never fought in boxing. I've sparred and trained quite a lot though, but most of my time was consumed by wrestling where i was considered elite for my age.

Now I'm just too old, too much of a puss and too comfortable to give competitive boxing a go. I'll gladly be a keyboard warrior for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
                  Not many people on here have been inside of a boxing ring, hence the constant **** talking, and nonsense that is discussed on hurrrr. Mooofoka step inside a ring and you wouldn't be talking as much **** as you normally do. Nevertheless, I doubt haters have the balls to take a punch to the chin.
                  Nothing makes me angrier than someone who has never step foot in a ring calling a professional prize fighter scared or a coward and they cant begin to understand the mind set and fortitude it takes to even step in a ring.

Most people from the street think its a cakewalk, and I've seen straight goons and thugs throw their gloves off cuz they cant take a one on one ass whupping, or got hit good once and called it quits

My first time in the ring, first real punch I took....I got my **** bust nose bleeding everywhere bruise on my eyes and nose after my first sparring session....my girlfriend saw me and freaked out, but I was hell of proud....BADGES OF HONOR

Comment

CurrentlY training for my first amateur bout.been in the ring plenty of times.I train with Ann wolfes daughter.

Comment

Working...
                    X