Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Spence Will Destroy Brook - I'd Love To Promote Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with him for some reason...I think Spence is that good. But after the win, De La Arum would keep him from fighting anyone great for a couple years to protect another cash cow. I hate that I've lost faith in Oscar because a few years ago, he was the one that wanted to make the best fights without protecting fighters. Your successes come from your failures...Oscar wouldn't be as great as his was without those, himself. Turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpin View Post
      I disagree, Leonard and Hearns would most likely stop Spence.
      How? They couldn't even stop Wilfred.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
        How? They couldn't even stop Wilfred.
        Just Stfu, you're an imbecile

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Just Stfu, you're an imbecile
          So Spence isn't better the Wilfred?

Comment

So Spence isn't better the Wilfred?
            No, he's not

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
              No, he's not
              Off the eye test Spence is better offensively and he has better fundamentals. Wilfred is better defensively though.

Comment

Off the eye test Spence is better offensively and he has better fundamentals. Wilfred is better defensively though.
                Off the eye test, you're posts reek of ignorance too...sooooo what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                  Look Schaefer was a chapter of building Canelo but it gets really old when fans keep saying he built Canelo. If Canelo felt that strong about the situation he would have left Golden Boy a long time ago when the split happened between both parties.

In regards to the Black Hitler comment I don't believe that Oscar or any of his top advisors said that. It was a ignerite person who wrote those trash emails and Oscar needs to address that already.

Maybe your right about Top Rank but it seems Al Haymon only offers up the second or third rate talent to him. Golden Boy brings more money and sponsors to the table compared to other promoters in the game.

That was a shot at Jo Jo Diaz by the way. He like Errol Spence is going to get a title shot and prove that he can be the next big attraction in a loaded division. Can't argue the 6 million views but Jo Jo Diaz did fight four times on multiple HBO platforms, and I think Golden Boy could easily get Spence main event fights with ease.

And in regards to the addict comments your right but that addict by the name of Oscar de la Hoya still brings in major sponsors and money to the game and is still a big deal.

Again it's a long shot but for fans to dismiss the idea is nonsense. Outside of Floyd Money Mayweather there's no one else who has made more in the sport other than Oscar.
                  He couldn't just up and leave as the lawsuit and all shows. And yeah its probably a good situation now, but during the building phase it was all Shaeffer. Oscar has yet to build a star. Mayweather has done better with Tank than Oscar has with any of his stock.

If someone feels comfortable putting that in a letter to you or your top brass then there is a reason.

Who is GB bringing money too? If it was like that King Kong wouldn't have left. Hell everybody left. He can't be doing that good a job, or bringing fighters that kind of money if they all left. Also, why don't we here about promotions of fighters other than Canelo? Sadam Ali, I hear nothing of, Linares, maybe something on boxingscene anyone else?

Spence is about to do a PPV fight in England, has headlined on national broadcast television on multiple occasions and will continue to do so, and doesn't have to give Oscar 30%. Canelo lost more money in that lawsuit than he has probably netted in his whole career, while Spence gets to take his bread home. Oscar brings nothing for the kid right now or probably ever

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                    I get your point there are probably give or take 15 to 20 guys who average anywhere from 1 to 1.5 million per fight under the PBC banner. Now keep this in mind most of those guys only fight once maybe twice a year at the most.

Now compare that to Ward, GGG who make twice as much per fight and fight more often.

Oscar has increased Jo Jo Diaz's fan base widely and his market ability. Think in one calendar year Jo Jo Diaz was the co main event on a Andre Ward, Canelo Alvarez, and Bernard Hopkins. What prospect has had that opportunity? That doesn't even include the HBO Latino platform he was on in July. He's on the brink of getting a chance to prove that he's a future star.

Errol Spence would get main event fights, get pay per view platforms, and in my opinion gets paid more.
                    Think about it from this perspective if Golden Boy Promotions is willing and able to pay David Lemieux a million per fight how much do you think they would pay Errol Spence per fight considering they are desperate for a talent like his in theory stable.
                    I know this is someone else's conversation, but I had to comment on the bold part. Comparing all fighters to Ward and ggg is far fetched. Ward gets the money because of Roc Nation and Hunter has expressed their displeasure at HBO. GGG is their "big draw" over there. Who else is getting that kind of attention at HBO?

Crawford doesn't get half the attention he deserves, Nick Walters only was getting a fight a year, Lomochenko gets in wherever they can fit him and he has an ATG skillset. Not to mention GB are hardly ever broadcast there. HBO is focused on fighters they have exclusive deals with so Spence would have to sell himself to them, again cutting out every fight across the street to make a deal.

Oscar has yet to promote a successful black fighter. Why would a guy who is about to be on a PPV overseas and who has headlined on broadcast television want to be stuck on HBO with their shrinking budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                      I get your point there are probably give or take 15 to 20 guys who average anywhere from 1 to 1.5 million per fight under the PBC banner. Now keep this in mind most of those guys only fight once maybe twice a year at the most.

Now compare that to Ward, GGG who make twice as much per fight and fight more often.

Oscar has increased Jo Jo Diaz's fan base widely and his market ability. Think in one calendar year Jo Jo Diaz was the co main event on a Andre Ward, Canelo Alvarez, and Bernard Hopkins. What prospect has had that opportunity? That doesn't even include the HBO Latino platform he was on in July. He's on the brink of getting a chance to prove that he's a future star.

Errol Spence would get main event fights, get pay per view platforms, and in my opinion gets paid more.
                      Think about it from this perspective if Golden Boy Promotions is willing and able to pay David Lemieux a million per fight how much do you think they would pay Errol Spence per fight considering they are desperate for a talent like his in theory stable.
                      Ward is basically at $2m per fight, but Golovkin only gets to that number for PPV fights at this point; to try and call that double the pay in PBC is a bit rich.

Beyond that, Golden Boy controls no TV to deliver any of the points that you're wanting to project. The only reason why Golden Boy is even at the point of paying Lemieux anywhere near $1m to fight is because Lemieux, before even getting in business with Golden Boy, already built a bankable audience for himself in Montreal.

Ignoring Alvarez's mainline deal with HBO, how many TV dates does Oscar actually control? Maybe 2 other dates.

If "Jo Jo" Diaz were to jump into the Haymon orbit; he would've likely been at or on the verge of headlining his own fight cards, with the audience coming to see him fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X