Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs Ricky Hatton - who wins & why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey Garcia vs Ricky Hatton - who wins & why?

As per the title, who wins this at 140? For the sake of argument, the Garcia who beat Lipinets so handsomely against the turbo-charged Hatton who fought Tszyu - before he ate, drank and snorted his gifts and chin away.

IMO Garcia MD12 with Hatton making him walk through hell and potentially breaking that nose again.
    Garcia KO
    34.62%
    Garcia Decision
    25.00%
    Hatton KO
    30.77%
    Hatton Decision
    9.62%

On neutral ground with a ref that enforces the rules and does not let Hatton do whatever he wants without even a warning I think Garcia wins by KO. Garcia is a quick accurate puncher with good power. He would be able to hit the wild charging Hatton coming in often enough and clean enough to score a KO.

Comment

Garcia would light him up and maybe seriously hurt him.

Comment

I love Hatton but I'll pick Garcia.

TKO 10

Comment

Ricky lost his two biggest fights by ko, Mikey would be no different

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
            As per the title, who wins this at 140? For the sake of argument, the Garcia who beat Lipinets so handsomely against the turbo-charged Hatton who fought Tszyu - before he ate, drank and snorted his gifts and chin away.

IMO Garcia MD12 with Hatton making him walk through hell and potentially breaking that nose again.
            Hatton does him over, people forget his greatness as he lost to arguably the two best welterweights over the last 15 years....

Comment

I'd go with Hatton here. Lipinets started getting to Garcia in the second half of the fight and he's just not strong enough to hold Hatton off for 12 rounds. Now, he has very good power but at 140 how good is it? Never was able to hurt Broner and Lipinets took some hellacious shots all fight and kept coming forward. Granted, he did drop Lipinets late in the fight, but Hatton is a different level pressure fighter.

Hatton MD Garcia

Comment

Garcia cant punch at 140 but he his skilled enough to outpoint Hatton. He wont have it easy though look at the Lipinets fight.

Comment

Hatton was a monster at 140 and would be too strong for Garcia. KO rd 9 or 10.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                    Ricky lost his two biggest fights by ko, Mikey would be no different
                    Garcia is nowhere near Floyd or Pacquiao.

Hatton by Decision 116-112.

Comment

Working...
                    X