No announcement yet.

Lewis Ritson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    He goes for it when he sense blood doesn't he.
    Coyle/Dodd next for the commonwealth and the British for keeps ?
    Hes already been ordered to fight Hyland Jr next for the British. Hearn said hes next out on a Newcastle show in June, Coyle/Dodd being in May is probably to soon for the winner to fight Ritson.

Edit: Thought Coyle/Dodd was on Bellew/Haye for some reason. On Khan card I see. Could happen I suppose, suspect Hyland Jr though.
    Last edited by Randall Cunning; 03-24-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Hyland next in June. Hopefully winner of that vs winner of Coyle/Dodd to unify British and Commonwealth.

Great effort from Ritson so far

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
        As Eddie would say, he's a bad man!

I used to know his uncle Michael who worked at the Linton Travel Tavern.
        Steady diet of cups of beans with a sausage spoon is what gives Ritson his strength

Comment

Back in action tomorrow night.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Ritson v Patera tomorrow night for the EBU

Comment

Guessing this was a bad night for Ritson cus he looked super average. For an offensive fighter, his attack was real one dimensional & predictable. Only ever threw single punches, never combinations even when Patera was backed up against the ropes. Didn't seem to carry much power either. Expected a lot more considering the hype he seemed to be generating online.

Comment

Originally posted by Amber_TKO View Post
                Guessing this was a bad night for Ritson cus he looked super average. For an offensive fighter, his attack was real one dimensional & predictable. Only ever threw single punches, never combinations even when Patera was backed up against the ropes. Didn't seem to carry much power either. Expected a lot more considering the hype he seemed to be generating online.
                I dont think many were tabbing him to be the next 'big' thing. The hype came about because he came out of nowhere, with little fanfare, won the British title and defended it 3 times in the space of 4 rounds. On top of that he seems a properly nice guy as well.

It was a bit surprising Patera was the one to beat him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  I hope Ritson comes back to Domestic level.
                  Would like to see him fight guys like Craig Evans, Andy Townend, Atif Shafiq and Joe Cordina.
                  Man that would be demoralizing for him. Eddie Hearn was blowing smoke up his ass, telling him he was gonna be a superstar and a fan favourite etc. Shows exactly what is wrong with Hearn. Lewis Ritson is a very good fighter but he needs to work on his limitations. Think they should get him rounds at fringe Euro level. I hope he never loses that bulldozer style, but he definately needs to work on his boxing, and a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    I disagree about Hearn in that regard. I thought He was handling him perfectly, stepping up his competition gradually.
                    Easy to say now that He stepped him up to early, but come-on - Sean Dodd beat Patera... I thought Patera might give him rounds, but I definitely didn't see upset coming here. Patera just came with inspired performance.

I say come back to defend British - Shafiq, Evans, Townend probably easier on paper, guys like Cordina or Tommy Coyle tougher ones - and If He wins 1-2, He can rematch Patera.
                    Only question I have is whether He can make 135. Heard it's tough for him.
                    I live in the same town as Dodd, he is very popular here, and everyone knows he got a gift against Patera lol. I agree Cordina-Ritson would be a good fight, intriguing for sure. Problem is if Ritson lost dunno where he'd go? Also what about Dodd-Ritson?

Comment

Working...
                    X