Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who won the fight in your opinion and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    Yet he landed less and got hit more. Where I'm from that would suggest the other guy had the better defense.

And for me, I had 9-3, I gave Canelo 2,3, and 10. He might have won the 12th but it was a close round. It's beyond me how every judge gave Canelo the last 3. It's like they knew Canelo was losing so decided to ignore the rest of the fight and just give the rest of the rounds to him.

I never seen a fighter get so much credit for fighting in 1-minute intervals while lost the last 2 minutes of each round.
    It is baffling. Usually fighters who do that save the activity for the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Crisper maybe, but are the punches actually more effective if they failed to keep GGG off of him?
      Not surprised to see a Cuban changing their tune about what effective boxing is, .

By your logic Ruslan Provodnikov and Yoshihiro Kamegai are the two greatest fighters of all time, .

Comment

I had it 8-4 GGG.

Comment

We all knew what was gonna happen with the judges, that 118-110 is ****ing ridiculous.
          GGG won that fight convincingly, that judge should not judge another fight ever.

Comment

Ggg won imo. 115-113.. Controlled the fight, landed more, landed at a better percentage...

Comment

Canelo close. I gave him the first 3 and the last 3, and at least one other in-between. I preferred Canelo's cleaner, clearer punching and bodywork over GGG's activity. I thought it was a close fight.

The poll should be a public one btw. Too many opportunities to vote a certain way when you can't be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                Clean punching: Canelo
                Effective aggressiveness: Golovkin
                Ring generalship: Golovkin
                Defense: Canelo
                Effective aggression is landing punches. Not chasing and getting countered

Comment

GGG was more consistent in his style but chaotic and missing many shots ,Canelo had cool head and was picking his shots ,his work was much cleaner ,GGG had moment when he was completly wild we are talking about Canelos stamina but IMO ggg cant keep up with his own presseure he gets sloppy as ****.

Comment

No dog in the fight but had a clear 8-4 for Golovkin. Sad but predictable night yet again for boxing. Any casuals we gained from Floyd v McGregor likely gave up on boxing yet again after this one.

Comment

Canelo fought his fight. He has been going to the ropes in every fight even when he's fighting smaller fighters(Trout, Liam Smith) It's his style, he's a counter puncher. He fought his fight and was landing crisp power punches that GGG obviously felt as he didn't keep pressing as he usually does against the C class fighters he's been up against. He got pushed back constantly. GGG came up against an elite level fighter and his KO power suddenly vanished.

Canelo fought his fight, Golovkin couldn't fight his. That is the story of the night. Canelo should have won.

Comment

Working...
                      X