Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Mushrooms to Treat Mental Illness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
    I've gone through a 2 week period eating mushrooms every other day and it was like alice in wonderland. Life and reality became substantial and I would get daily mindfucks

Sometimes I would randomly just hear music and enter states of pure euphoria. Time and reality became skewed and I swear I turned into an actual hippie.

They start to lose their potency after a while though, and then after a few months I was back to baseline.
    Microdosing as I understand it involves taking a quarter of a hit every other day, and I don't know how many days you are supposed to do this but I would be wary of lasting side effects such as visual drifting and starbursting or halos around street lights etc. Psychologically you could possibly drift away from normal society. I think it is ideal to trip once every 1-10 years and practice microdosing with caution (or skip it imo).

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
      Microdosing as I understand it involves taking a quarter of a hit every other day, and I don't know how many days you are supposed to do this but I would be wary of lasting side effects such as visual drifting and starbursting or halos around street lights etc. Psychologically you could possibly drift away from normal society. I think it is ideal to trip once every 1-10 years and practice microdosing with caution (or skip it imo).
      I don't think there's any long term danger. I've done more mushrooms over long periods of time than any sane person should even try to attempt.

There's no long term danger at all. Maybe short term effects, you might do something crazy while you have it in your system, or you're experiencing seratonin depletion but it will eventually wear off, and you'll go back to normal every time.

Comment

The danger is developing HPPD or eliciting schizophrenia in people who are already predisposed to it. Syd Barrett? I would advise not to go too hard but that is why you have gone further with it than I have.
        Jordan Peterson recently compared psychedelics to the ark of the covenant. He said be careful, there is God in there but you better not touch it.
        Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 10-05-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Not sure if I've watched this one yet or not.
          Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 10-05-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Took my first ‘micro-dose’ ( .5g) today and am definitely feeling a head change. Not sure what to make of it right now, just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Took my first ‘micro-dose’ ( .5g) today and am definitely feeling a head change. Not sure what to make of it right now, just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.
              https://youtu.be/cFcvtd-P1fA

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                You can not un-eat it, once you've swallowed it you're committed to being real high for the next several hours.
                Not really, if you take speed or meth your trip will stop

Comment

i snort copious amounts of ketamine. it's completely changed my life.

Comment

A family member has Schziophrenia. When talking to doctors about it they do not recommend any mind altering drugs that haven't been tested if a person has mental issues. In Canada the majority of doctors are opposed to the new cannabis law taking effect soon. The legal age had been set at 19 to smoke pot. Apparently the human brain isn't completely developed till age 25 so there may be a rise in mental health issues in Canada. I guess we're going to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      Microdosing is a complete waste of time. You're only gonna get sick or depressed and build up your tolerance and deplete your seratonin.

Microdosing is like jacking off with your pinky and never nutting.

Or trying to reach the moon by flapping your arms like a bird.

The point is to break through the barrier of reality and get to the other side, you can't do that microdosing. Complete waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X