No announcement yet.

Congrats to Hurd: first man to dominate the cuban nightmare Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Some really blind posters here. That was a very close fight.
    No blindness out there, Lara banked 6 rounds at best IMO, Hurd got 6 rounds clear cut + the KD.

Lara took a beating IMO at the end of the fight, that's why I thought it was overall a dominating performance.

Not some narrow split D like the one Canelo and Williams got.

I NEVER said it was a one sided fight.

Comment

He was the first fighter i saw beat Lara in my eyes.

Comment

Some could argue that Molina did a better job and but was jobbed.

Fight was super close, 6-6 plus a 12th round knockdown is not "dominating" by any means. It's winning a razor close fight by rallying and putting your opponent down to seize victory in the final moments. True, Lara did take much more punishment than we've ever seen during a bout though.

Comment

Hurd didn't dominate, but he has the most clear victory over Lara.

Also did the most damage and had the most success against him. Angulo also landed some good shots on Lara, but he ended up losing.

Comment

Hurd doesn't seem to posses any real skills though. Without the weight, he's gonna get hurt vs a top guy, or if it's not a puncher, it'll be a war at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              No blindness out there, Lara banked 6 rounds at best IMO, Hurd got 6 rounds clear cut + the KD.

Lara took a beating IMO at the end of the fight, that's why I thought it was overall a dominating performance.

Not some narrow split D like the one Canelo and Williams got.

I NEVER said it was a one sided fight.
              You used the wrong word. Dominating means one sided. I'll let it go though.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Dominate?

It was a pretty even fight. Which was surprising because Lara fought completely out of his zone.
                This... dominate is hardly the word considering it was a 1 point fight. OP is a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Hurd doesn't seem to posses any real skills though. Without the weight, he's gonna get hurt vs a top guy, or if it's not a puncher, it'll be a war at least.

That's rather foolish, he wouldn't be a world champion unifying two belts against one of the best boxers today if he had no "skills." Sure it may not be pretty, but he cuts off the ring extremely well, has an insane workrate, brings immense pressure, and has a wide variety of combination punch selection.

Comment

I think people are glossing over that most Hurd rounds were clear cut and Lara took an absolute beating. Lara had very few clear rounds and fought Hurd's fight the whole time.

Lara got too much credit on the scorecards and in comments for hanging in there and throwing in patches. One man was commanding this fight and it was Hurd.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      thats what im seeing too... pressure+size+volume is what he has, and its working for him for now...i like the kid though he makes fights exciting , whoever thought lara would be in a phonebooth type slugfest lol i enjoyed that fight last night..and i can see hurd being in some damn exciting fights in the future with his style and lack of skill (still has a bit but is lacking)

Comment

Working...
                      X