Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone know Andre Ward beat Carl Froch with a damaged hand.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone know Andre Ward beat Carl Froch with a damaged hand.

Just rewatched this fight. Dominant performance from SOG, he out-thought, out-fought and out-manned Froch all night. Great inside work.

Anyway, just watched the post fight presser, and Ward reveals he badly damaged his hand sparring a few days out from the fight. Huge credit to him for not pulling out of the fight and still dominating inside the ring.

He also calls Bute out as a hype job too- he was right! I had a few quid on Froch to smash Bute. I remember thinking Hearn had blew it for me by running in the ring before the referee had stopped it.

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Just rewatched this fight. Dominant performance from SOG, he out-thought, out-fought and out-manned Froch all night. Great inside work.

Anyway, just watched the post fight presser, and Ward reveals he badly damaged his hand sparring a few days out from the fight. Huge credit to him for not pulling out of the fight and still dominating inside the ring.

He also calls Bute out as a hype job too- he was right! I had a few quid on Froch to smash Bute. I remember thinking Hearn had blew it for me by running in the ring before the referee had stopped it.

Did you honestly think Bute was a hype job ?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Only morons didn't. He needed his hometown ref to save his life in the first Andrade fight and never beat a f**cking soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Only morons didn't. He needed his hometown ref to save his life in the first Andrade fight and never beat a f**cking soul.
        Morons you say

Comment

Yeah I didn’t rate him at all, always thought he’d get knocked out when he stepped up.

He wasn’t a complete hype job like a Bojado, but I remember people were saying he was a major threat to the winner of the Super Six tournament and sh**. He’s in the same category as Jeff Lacy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            Yeah I didn’t rate him at all, always thought he’d get knocked out when he stepped up.

He wasn’t a complete hype job like a Bojado, but I remember people were saying he was a major threat to the winner of the Super Six tournament and sh**. He’s in the same category as Jeff Lacy for me.

It did say much that they didn’t invite him to the tourney
            He would of been the favourite to win

Comment

It did say much that they didn’t invite him to the tourney
              He would of been the favourite to win
              He wouldn’t have made it out the group stage. Crazy how the likes of Abraham and Kessler were favoured over Ward. Kessler probably would have made the final if he didn’t get injured.

I actually thought Dirrell was a dark horse, he did beat Froch IMO.

I enjoyed the super six, I was hoping that they would do it at other weights. All the injuries and delays probably put them off.

Comment

Andre Ward knew.

Comment

ward was not only a very good fighter...but he knows the sport and very perceptive....

he knew bute wasnt all that...he basically told bute to step up one time and he could get it....but he got blasted out....i too made a good mint on froch vs bute.....the line was too good and i didnt think bute was all that either....

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    getting ward a ton of respect is almost impossible around these parts...there are guys that still swear he ducked bute and that bute was a threat despite his lackluster career...lol...some real big losers around here

Comment

Working...
                    X