Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2020, 01:10 PM #11
just the facts just the facts is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,905
Quoted: 2684 Post(s)
Rep Power: 20
just the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,137.22
Bank: 1,783.46
Total Points: 59,920.68
Here you go girl - krazyn8tive No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaymonzPlanet View Post
LMFAO BADOU JACK BEAT GROVES! CALLUM SMITH BEAT UP A WASHED UP GROVES WITH 1 ARM! THEN HE LOST TO JOHN RYDER!

CALLUM AND BILLY HAVE NEVER FACED ANY ELITE FIGHTERS IN THEIR MEDIOCRE HYPEJOB CAREERS... THE PROOF IS ON BOXREC GOOGLE IT SON
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
I don’t disagree with you but couldn’t you present your argument without being a total tool about it?
just the facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:23 PM #12
Greenfield02 Greenfield02 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 292
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
Greenfield02 has a spectacular aura aboutGreenfield02 has a spectacular aura about
Points: 10,433.06
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 11,815.97
Default

I would love to see it, but I have a feeling Smith won't want any part of it.
Greenfield02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 02:40 PM #13
tokon tokon is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,086
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
tokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond reputetokon has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,841.17
Bank: 1,543.29
Total Points: 28,384.46
No reason - 7not8 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskoolg View Post
No Hearn wouldn’t and won’t make the fight. Hearn doesn’t put dazn fighters against other dazn fighters. He wants dazn fighters to face PBC and Top Rank fighters and bring them over to dazn with their fan bases. In order to do this he has his fighters ridicule those fighters (particularly if they are not Mexican American) and wage war in the press until they sign with Hearn. Hearn said it himself that he doesn’t like putting big Matchroom fighters against other big Matchroom fighters because ultimately someone’s going to get exposed and then Matchroom loses an investment without any new subscriptions for the deadzone
Yes, you're right, I hadn't looked at that perspective; good point, thanks.
tokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:18 PM #14
SteveM SteveM is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK until I escape
Posts: 4,021
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
SteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond reputeSteveM has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,255.76
Bank: 1,713.70
Total Points: 29,969.46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaymonzPlanet View Post
LMFAO BADOU JACK BEAT GROVES! CALLUM SMITH BEAT UP A WASHED UP GROVES WITH 1 ARM! THEN HE LOST TO JOHN RYDER!

CALLUM AND BILLY HAVE NEVER FACED ANY ELITE FIGHTERS IN THEIR MEDIOCRE HYPEJOB CAREERS... THE PROOF IS ON BOXREC GOOGLE IT SON
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Don't "son" me you effing juvenile twat - unless you have been watching boxing for more than 50 years.

If you think Boxrec is the be all and end all then you probably dksab! Boxrec is a tool but only gives half the picture.

Badou Jack was still a top fighter when he beat Groves. He's been in some wars lately and he is on the slide. When you fight someone is as important as the result. Floyds win over Pac in 2015 is nowhere near as impressive as if he'd beaten him in 2010. Thats just the way it is.

I'm not saying that Callum Smith is an elite fighter, he's just good and still unproven at 29 years old.

What I am saying is that Jacobs was a notch above good at 160 but is unproven at 168. He got knocked spark out at 160 so who's to say he can take good punches at 168. Jacobs is more proven but he's not elite either.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:12 PM #15
megh50 megh50 is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 507
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
megh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,500.25
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 21,231.13
Default

Jacobs failed his three tests against top-notch fighters. He faced them, yes, but came up short. Jacob's level is B to B+. I think Callum is at least that or better...having beat Groves who is also B to B+ and won the super six.
megh50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:13 AM #16
Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,616
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
Boxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingfanatic75 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 33,862.11
Bank: 1,654.90
Total Points: 35,517.01
Well said! - Nomadic 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megh50 View Post
Jacobs failed his three tests against top-notch fighters. He faced them, yes, but came up short. Jacob's level is B to B+. I think Callum is at least that or better...having beat Groves who is also B to B+ and won the super six.
The problem is you’re stating Groves is top notch. To that I’d agree. As is Danny. Danny has beaten top notch fighters but not yet elite fighters. Groves is not an elite fighter. Danny’s losses were to elite competition with one retiring before his full potential.
Boxingfanatic75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:20 AM #17
megh50 megh50 is online now
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 507
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
megh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond reputemegh50 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,500.25
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 21,231.13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
The problem is you’re stating Groves is top notch. To that I’d agree. As is Danny. Danny has beaten top notch fighters but not yet elite fighters. Groves is not an elite fighter. Danny’s losses were to elite competition with one retiring before his full potential.
Yes, Jacobs's losses were against elite fighters. I called them top-notch, but maybe upper echelon would have been better...and I agree Pirog would have been considered elite if his career hadn't been cut short
megh50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 AM #18
Apollo7 Apollo7 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 210
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Apollo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Points: 8,094.17
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 9,221.33
Default

Good fight. I'd definitely watch it. I think Smith beats him but Jacobs is a quality fighter.
Apollo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:29 AM #19
BoloShot BoloShot is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,543
Quoted: 1301 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
BoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond reputeBoloShot has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,726.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,726.06
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the facts View Post
I don’t disagree with you but couldn’t you present your argument without being a total tool about it?
He can't help but be a total ******* cos he's an insecure waste of space who knows it deep down.
BoloShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:33 PM #20
petero petero is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 905
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
petero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond reputepetero has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,654.37
Bank: 1,630.32
Total Points: 16,284.69
thanks for the excellent post about Joe Calzaghe - Freedom. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaymonzPlanet View Post
LMFAO BADOU JACK BEAT GROVES! CALLUM SMITH BEAT UP A WASHED UP GROVES WITH 1 ARM! THEN HE LOST TO JOHN RYDER!

CALLUM AND BILLY HAVE NEVER FACED ANY ELITE FIGHTERS IN THEIR MEDIOCRE HYPEJOB CAREERS... THE PROOF IS ON BOXREC GOOGLE IT SON
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Hype jobs hold world titles Son.
Remember Jacobs did get seriously sparked out by Pirog. Smith can do the same, anything can happen.
petero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 AM.