Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video shows Florida politician shooting & killing a shoplifter (before the hurricane)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was murder. Poor judgement at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I have to wonder what compels people to go life and death over a cheap shop-lifted item, be it the thief or the proprietor. Willing to die for $10 item...willing to kill for $10 item.
      Dallas police officers will typically no longer respond when a retailer catches a suspected shoplifter who took less than $50 in merchandise, according to a policy that takes effect Jan. 5.

There are some exceptions, such as when the suspected shoplifter has outstanding warrants, cannot be identified, or the retailer wants to file a criminal trespass notice.
      https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news...aints-under-50

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        He's not going life and death over a $10 item. He's trying to flee from the guy with the gun because he doesn't want to be killed and because he doesn't want to go to jail.

A better question is what compels someone to shoot somebody over a $10 item or over any property. Unless you're a psychopath you have to reconcile murdering someone with some sort of justification.
        The thief sees the man has a gun. At that point drop the stolen item and surrender. On the other hand, I don’t think shooting someone over a non-violent theft is appropriate either.

Comment

A friend of mine drives a taxi in NYC. A few weeks ago he has this elderly Russsian guy in his cab. They got into a disagreement over which route to take to his destination. While arguing the guy removed his belt and attempted to strangle my friend. He was locked on pretty good and my friend had pulled over to call out for help. Couple of bystanders pull this guy off and he walks off. Police are called and they said if they apprehend him the worst that would happen is they take him to hospital for psychiatric evaluation and then let him go. Lot of smaller crimes are being shrugged off by law enforcement these days. Even violent ones.

Comment

The thief sees the man has a gun. At that point drop the stolen item and surrender. On the other hand, I don’t think shooting someone over a non-violent theft is appropriate either.
            Yea and the thief knows the man is either going to kill him or call the police. It's natural for a man to flee to save his life or for his freedom. It's not natural for a man to shoot someone over for $10 worth of merchandise. That's what he did because his life wasn't in danger. And this ain't the first time he's shot someone.

Comment

Two options

Should we back the owner discouraging the future shoplifters?

Or

Should we back the shoplifter, encouraging future shoplifters and endagering store owners life?

I go with option B

He shouldnt have shoplifted

Comment

A friend of mine drives a taxi in NYC. A few weeks ago he has this elderly Russsian guy in his cab. They got into a disagreement over which route to take to his destination. While arguing the guy removed his belt and attempted to strangle my friend. He was locked on pretty good and my friend had pulled over to call out for help. Couple of bystanders pull this guy off and he walks off. Police are called and they said if they apprehend him the worst that would happen is they take him to hospital for psychiatric evaluation and then let him go. Lot of smaller crimes are being shrugged off by law enforcement these days. Even violent ones.
                I don't believe that. Unless it is known that he is a mentally ill man.

Comment

Someone just took the room temperature challenge

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    He wasn't coming at him. He was trying to get away.
                    Dude was allegedly shoplifting a hatchet. If a mfer come my way with a hatchet & I got a gun Imma probably shot the mfer to.

I can't tell much of anything in that quiet ass, sh^tty view video, but supposedly this dude had a hatchet & he was all up close to this mfer so I say game f#cking over.

If this mfer stole a sprinkler he'd be cool now or I could understand how it'd be wrong to have shot him.

Comment

I have to wonder what compels people to go life and death over a cheap shop-lifted item, be it the thief or the proprietor. Willing to die for $10 item...willing to kill for $10 item.
                      imagine getting stepped on, spit at, and all you can do is watch. this is what set these people to go overboard. this is not just a "one time" thing. this is an everyday thing and im sure the store owner just got tired of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X