Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: D. Garcia & Porter aren't elite. Mean Machine & Besputin are next for Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol I only who mean machine cause of Ellie videos and the who?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      If Al has far more reason to make the Spence/Crawford fight then I don't want to hear about Danny or Shawn. Tell Al to make it happen and start negotiating. You guys are saying Arum is lying about his willingness to make the fight so prove it.
      Making the Spence-Crawford fight is doing Crawford & Arum a favor. Spence options are Garcia, Porter (champ), Thurman (champ) & Pacquiao. Crawford's options are Mean Machine, Besputin, and Mile High Mike.

Why would Haymon do Bob & Crawford a favor when he doesn't need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Making the Spence-Crawford fight is doing Crawford & Arum a favor. Spence options are Garcia, Porter (champ), Thurman (champ) & Pacquiao. Crawford's options are Mean Machine, Besputin, and Mile High Mike.

Why would Haymon do Bob & Crawford a favor when he doesn't need him?
        I'm hearing the exact opposite from the PBC spokesman on this site. He told me its in Haymon's interest to make that fight and Bob is lying and doesn't really want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          I'm hearing the exact opposite from the PBC spokesman on this site. He told me its in Haymon's interest to make that fight and Bob is lying and doesn't really want it.
          It wouldn't even be a joint PPV. Spence doesn't need Crawford. While he's fighting Garcia, Porter, & Thurman. Crawford will be fighting thosec who Bob named

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            If he beats thurman, garcia, porter and spence. Then he’ll have his mark in history. Let’s not give imaginary credit just because he’d likely beat them.

If he wants to be great he should at least push harder to make those fights.

I believe he deserves to be.
            I disagree.

People are delusional if they think beating Danny, Porter, and Thurman is a major accomplishment. This is a very weak WW division at the moment. Thurman squeaked wins past both of those guys and, together, they are all C or C+ level fighters.

Danny beat Lucas straight up - great win. Danny retired Khan - great win.
            Then he lost to Herrera, squeaked by Lamont/Judah/Ghost. All three of those fights could've been losses, honestly.

Shawn lost to Kell and Keith and squeaked by Danny, Broner, and Granados...nice stoppage against a shot/retired Paulie too

Keith squeaked by Danny and Shawn, was hurt by journeyman Collazo, and edged Bundu/Ghost.

Nothing about the trio of Keith, Danny, or Shawn impresses anyone...or at least it shouldnt. Collectively though those three are decent...individually they carry very little weight.

Errol is entirely unproven, still, and hes just a few months shy of 29 with little to no marketability. With his best wins being over Kell Brook who was coming off a 2 weight class jump, his first defeat, and reconstructive orbital surgery - talk about great matchmaking...fighting a guy who suffered his first loss (a stoppage defeat at that)...a guy who bulked up and jumped up 2 weight classes before dropping down 2 weight classes...and needed facial surgery to repair. Errors other best win is an old AF Lamont Heavybag Peterson and a kickboxer.

Yeah I'm not sold on Errol yet either. Good prospect though

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              Who the fuk is besputin. Fuk arum

Oh man Besputin is formerly a Russian Monk. Now my memory may be shaky but apparently he is impossible to kill. He has been poisoned, shot multiple times and his 8" Flacid Penile member is in a museum somewhere. Last I heard he was hanging out with the Russian Royal Family.

Comment

Maybe , but look at both their resumes both have fought the best available something that can’t be said for Crawford

Sh.it if Bud was fighting likes of Alexander , Brook 4-5 years ago and then Broner / Thurman
                / Garcia and not Burns / Beltran /Lundy / Indongo /Horn he probably looks at least human if not losing a couple of those so he might not be considered elite either and the same can be said if he went through Danny’s Resume

P4P now seems to mostly be based on winning in dramatic fashion against over matched competition and not fighters facing the best out there and winning even if it’s a close fight

It’s funny Arum & Loeffler claim they don’t know whom to call to arrange a Spence fight but they had no problem getting in contact with them when they needed Molina or Diaz or when it was cash out time for PAC . Does Haymon have a separate secret # for his top dogs and a # for his mid/lower level guys
                Last edited by R_Walken; 10-14-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  I disagree.

People are delusional if they think beating Danny, Porter, and Thurman is a major accomplishment. This is a very weak WW division at the moment. Thurman squeaked wins past both of those guys and, together, they are all C or C+ level fighters.

Danny beat Lucas straight up - great win. Danny retired Khan - great win.
                  Then he lost to Herrera, squeaked by Lamont/Judah/Ghost. All three of those fights could've been losses, honestly.

Shawn lost to Kell and Keith and squeaked by Danny, Broner, and Granados...nice stoppage against a shot/retired Paulie too

Keith squeaked by Danny and Shawn, was hurt by journeyman Collazo, and edged Bundu/Ghost.

Nothing about the trio of Keith, Danny, or Shawn impresses anyone...or at least it shouldnt. Collectively though those three are decent...individually they carry very little weight.

Errol is entirely unproven, still, and hes just a few months shy of 29 with little to no marketability. With his best wins being over Kell Brook who was coming off a 2 weight class jump, his first defeat, and reconstructive orbital surgery - talk about great matchmaking...fighting a guy who suffered his first loss (a stoppage defeat at that)...a guy who bulked up and jumped up 2 weight classes before dropping down 2 weight classes...and needed facial surgery to repair. Errors other best win is an old AF Lamont Heavybag Peterson and a kickboxer.

Yeah I'm not sold on Errol yet either. Good prospect though
                  This is his already his 3rd division, cleaning it up would mean a lot for his resume as he is the smaller dude against those guys.
                  Beating spence, thurman, porter and danny is better than beating guerrero, maidana, ortiz and berto at WW. You can even add judah to that.
                  He will become undisputed. Now how many have done that in there 3rd division.
                  Pacquiao and Floyd have fought lesser opponents as well at 147.
                  I think we should judge the body of work it’ll take to achieve that, and it is by no means a piece of cake.
                  As much as I’m a fan of manny and Floyd, their achievements shouldn’t blind us to what the current generation can thrive for as well.
                  Those are 4 legit prime solid contenders. It’s no doubt better than beating past prime dudes, or having catchweights for that matter.

Comment

Thing is these fights aren't gonna prepare Crawford if he fights Spence. Hes gonna be used to fighting low level guys. It's gonna be a shock when it's round 6, he's down on the cards against Spence and he's feeling the pace already

Comment

What a stupid statement from Bob...

Comment

Working...
                      X