No announcement yet.

Sparring video from today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomiNee View Post
    Yeah I saw that fight. Indeed, Nunn was outboxing him. Was that a left hook shot which knocked Nunn down?
    It was......Rockin'

Comment

Mate I'm really glad that your training is going well and you're posting videos! About your boxing - sometimes you're too hesitant to throw punches, and your chin is a bit higher, tuck it even more. Good job recording, we unfortunately don't do that, cause usually everyone is busy doing something. But we record sometimes when we spar with guys from other gyms, when they visit or we go to their gym. Here's one of my older sparring records. I'm in red with blue gloves . https://youtu.be/ie2yPhWV-qc. Uploaded just now - inspired by you
      Yeah my chin was definitely up higher than it should've been. Seems to get up a little higher as the rounds go on. I'm a little more hesitant than normal based on the sparring partner, trying to remember to not go punch too hard. Sort of messes up any body head combos I would normally throw as well.

Thanks for the kind words and checking out the video. I'll definitely check yours out and respond!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        Why are you switching to south paw? You accomplish nothing and then switch back to your natural stance. And why are you trying jabs with him? With this guy, simply get the timing of his jab. And then when ever he jabs, slip it to your left and just stick your right hand out there. He will run right in to it and then follow with the hook. Do this all in one motion. Get out the way while sticking your right hand out there. Once you are comfortable with it you can really put some power behind it. Against a south paw you want to move to your left, away from his power. Simply get low and shoot straight right hands in to his belly and then of course follow with your hook. Any time that you throw your right hand you should throw the hook behind it. You have to get back in to position anyway, might as well get in position throwing the hook ….Rockin'
        I've been training a lot southpaw (this guy, another guy the weightclass with a few amateur fights is a southpaw, and another heavyweight that has 2 fights is southpaw as well), and its sort of just naturally been occurring in my movement. I don't really feel super comfortable throwing much more than the right handed jab so usually just try to switch back into orthodox right away. I feel like it has helped with some evasiveness/elusiveness in there, but prob not the best thing to make a habit.

So slip left and throw the right hand at the same time to the body? I'll remember to follow up with that hook in the future as well.

Comment

Mate I'm really glad that your training is going well and you're posting videos! About your boxing - sometimes you're too hesitant to throw punches, and your chin is a bit higher, tuck it even more. Good job recording, we unfortunately don't do that, cause usually everyone is busy doing something. But we record sometimes when we spar with guys from other gyms, when they visit or we go to their gym. Here's one of my older sparring records. I'm in red with blue gloves . https://youtu.be/ie2yPhWV-qc. Uploaded just now - inspired by you
          Looked good man! Thanks for sharing! Said this was 4 years ago?

Would be dope to see one more recent as well! Only thing I really saw was not getting out of range after throwing your combos, not retracting the jab back as quickly as you should (more towards the end), but had some nice moments little slip pull counter, and generally seemed to be getting the better of the exchanges towards the end of the round.

Comment

yes, 4-5 years ago. I will look up for more recent videos, but there's not much sparring vids - mostly from tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
              I've been training a lot southpaw (this guy, another guy the weightclass with a few amateur fights is a southpaw, and another heavyweight that has 2 fights is southpaw as well), and its sort of just naturally been occurring in my movement. I don't really feel super comfortable throwing much more than the right handed jab so usually just try to switch back into orthodox right away. I feel like it has helped with some evasiveness/elusiveness in there, but prob not the best thing to make a habit.

So slip left and throw the right hand at the same time to the body? I'll remember to follow up with that hook in the future as well.
              Yup, throw it to the head or body. Both will be there just begging to be hit. And then the hook...…...Rockin'
              Last edited by Rockin'; 10-04-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

yes, 4-5 years ago. I will look up for more recent videos, but there's not much sparring vids - mostly from tournaments.
                are these yours?

Comment

yes, if I find some more I will share. They have blocked youtube in our country, lol, it was facebook now it is youtube . Facebook is working now though

Comment

yes, if I find some more I will share. They have blocked youtube in our country, lol, it was facebook now it is youtube . Facebook is working now though
                    Why did they block youtube?

Comment

I don't think you're doing the other guy favors by going way too easy on him.
                      He has so many bad habits already.
                      Whack his head when he leads with a soft jab and his head is just sticking up there .

Comment

Working...
                      X