No announcement yet.

PBC PPV's are about to become a thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBC PPV's are about to become a thing

PBC will host it's 1st PPV event Dec 1. If it's a success (looking at Ward-Kovalez type numbers) or even if it's not a success they will continue.

The recent announcements called for both SHO and FOX to produce multiple PPV's a year. Now while we may not get WWE/UFC monthly PPVs, I'd look for a quarterly PPV from each network. Winter-Spring-Summer-Fall. And the price will hopefully be reasonable. $29.99-$49.99 I'm thinking.

Curious about the price myself. It'd be great if it was $30 or more in line with UK PPV prices. With all these monthly subscription services showing boxing now I think it could impact PPV prices. Not exactly sure if it'll be for the better or the worse doe honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Curious about the price myself. It'd be great if it was $30 or more in line with UK PPV prices. With all these monthly subscription services showing boxing now I think it could impact PPV prices. Not exactly sure if it'll be for the better or the worse doe honestly.
      There's no way your PPV prices drop to 30 dollars.. not with Haymon and showtime.

What would happen to the "US PPV where da money at doe" when yours are priced the same as ours yet our PPV buy rates piss all over that of the states?

What's the percentage of the American customer base paying for X amount of subscriptions from different networks do you really think will also stump up any amount of cash ranging from 30 to 80 dollars on top just to watch a Deontay wilder fight? Someone they've been used to seeing fight as part of their normal outlay for free for years.

Your PPV prices will either stay exorbitantly high.. or they'll be low like ours and people won't watch and fighters won't get paid their "worth".

Unless Haymon rights cheques to keep them happy and everyone's money but his money flies down the toilet as per usual

Comment

What kind of fights do you think they'd put on PPV? I'm intrigued to see how Wilder vs Fury does.

Comment

Yesssssss. More PPVs!

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            What kind of fights do you think they'd put on PPV? I'm intrigued to see how Wilder vs Fury does.
            350k US.. probably the same in the UK due to it being on BT and at 4am.

Can't see it cracking anywhere close to AJ's UK numbers even combining the two territories.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              PBC will host it's 1st PPV event Dec 1. If it's a success (looking at Ward-Kovalez type numbers) or even if it's not a success they will continue.

The recent announcements called for both SHO and FOX to produce multiple PPV's a year. Now while we may not get WWE/UFC monthly PPVs, I'd look for a quarterly PPV from each network. Winter-Spring-Summer-Fall. And the price will hopefully be reasonable. $29.99-$49.99 I'm thinking.
              Well u have to realize one thing that PBC did prove is that boxing has a built in fanbase. And that no matter how little promoted or if the best isn't fighting the best or if people don't know what time or channel the fight is on.
              That the boxing will still have a decent to below average but not horrible ratings.

Its not a knock on PBC in fact its the opposite they found the hardest thing to find in this crazy sport...… consistency. at the very least this next ppv will do 100k and that's just the first one with wilder.... Wait until they start promoting fighters on FOX and do fox ppv and Wilder fights more than once on PPV

A boxer doing a million PPV buys that's like 5 UFC PPV for probably less than half the price

Comment

PBC hasn‘t produced even one PPV so far.

African boxing fan claims PBC PPV is the next big thing.

Only in boxing.

Comment

The Gamboa/JuanMa PPV Double-Header in Nov is just $24.99. Canelo/GGG II was what $85.99 (compared to the first one which was $69.99.)

I'm thinking $39.99 or $49.99 for the price. UFC does a PPV every month for $49.99.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    The recent announcements called for both SHO and FOX to produce multiple PPV's a year.
                    No it didn't. This entire thread is based on a false premise.

Comment

Working...
                    X