Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 09-17-2018, 09:30 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
CodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,037,843.25
Default Once a week boxing training, is it fine?

Due to busy schedule with my work, I can only go to the boxing gym like once or twice a week.

Would that be okay? I mean, would I still improve and develop my skills and techniques? My coach often tells me I'm a very quick learner, I think that should be a factor as well. Just to add, I have no problem with weight or anything, just training my boxing lessons for self-defense and fight knowledge.

I don't want to be Muhammed Ali, I just want to be far tougher than the average person, I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random.

Last edited by CodeBreaker; 09-18-2018 at 12:11 AM.
CodeBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-17-2018, 10:27 PM #2
Contender

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
WonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,168.78

If that's all you can do in the gym, then it has to be good enough, right? You can still do things at home to improve. Shadow boxing, working on slow form, etc. Ask your coach what he/she recommends. If they don't have anything, ask here or find some good basic drills from a trusted source and do a few more nights at home.
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:51 PM #3
Contender

CodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these partsCodeBreaker is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
If that's all you can do in the gym, then it has to be good enough, right? You can still do things at home to improve. Shadow boxing, working on slow form, etc. Ask your coach what he/she recommends. If they don't have anything, ask here or find some good basic drills from a trusted source and do a few more nights at home.
I do shadow boxing at home. But how often should I be doing it?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:40 PM #4
Contender

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
WonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeWonderMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,168.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBreaker View Post
I do shadow boxing at home. But how often should I be doing it?
I think the answer you are going to get here is "How good do you want to be?" You certainly will only improve slowly if you put in a little time, and will improve faster if you put in more focused time. How much I'll leave to the far more experienced members of this forum.
WonderMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:12 AM #5
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
I think the answer you are going to get here is "How good do you want to be?" You certainly will only improve slowly if you put in a little time, and will improve faster if you put in more focused time. How much I'll leave to the far more experienced members of this forum.
I just want to be far tougher than the average person, I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random. I have no plans on becoming a pro or fighting in any tournament.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:40 AM #6
Up and Comer

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Eastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,646.54

I'd say try to do some exercises almost every day. Things that can be done at home...running, jump rope shadow boxing, push ups, ab exercises all good. Work on getting yourself some equipment at home like double end bag and heavy bag. keep going to the gym when you can.

Boxing skills might help in a street fight, if that's what you mean, but yeah it's totally different. A dude might try to kick your knee out or grab your hair or something. I try to avoid street fights because of the obvious high risk of injury to yourself and the dude your fighting. But, I get that a person might feel a bit more secure in everyday life with some fighting skills
Eastbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:17 PM #7
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbound View Post
I'd say try to do some exercises almost every day. Things that can be done at home...running, jump rope shadow boxing, push ups, ab exercises all good. Work on getting yourself some equipment at home like double end bag and heavy bag. keep going to the gym when you can.

Boxing skills might help in a street fight, if that's what you mean, but yeah it's totally different. A dude might try to kick your knee out or grab your hair or something. I try to avoid street fights because of the obvious high risk of injury to yourself and the dude your fighting. But, I get that a person might feel a bit more secure in everyday life with some fighting skills
Noted man, appreciate it
Old 09-19-2018, 03:00 PM #8
Interim Champion

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Commie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond reputeCommie has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,001,012,728.62

It’s like having sex once a month - better than no sex at all but .....
Commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:57 PM #9
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 1473 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,389,435,407,290,744,832.00
Total Points: 78,389,435,407,290,744,832.00
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden 
Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
I just want to be far tougher than the average person, I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random. I have no plans on becoming a pro or fighting in any tournament.
That will take some time before you're comfortable in a street fight and more than 1 time a week of training per week. I was comfortable only after turning pro with the hardcore regime that my trainer made me do every day, besides sunday ofcourse. If you train just for street fighting than I recommend that you instead do not train at all. Street fighting is for wimps looking for easy marks. If they were looking to fight other tough people they would be training where you were going to train, fighting well trained and well conditioned fighters. Looking for street fights is only the habit of losers looking for an easy mark to build their snowflake egos. And if you ever did get to the point where you are comfortable/confident enough you would probably just think that it's not even worth your time. Unless, ofcourse, you still have something to prove. You could prove that you are more than tough enough to slap a retard, because that is all that a civilian is. Well, most of them when speaking of fighting.…...Rockin'
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Last edited by Rockin'; 09-19-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:08 PM #10
motherfuc

Quoted: 833 Post(s)
GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,054,832,245.79
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
You need to be sparring 2-3 times a week for several months to learn how to fight
GrandpaBernard is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, fine?, training, week

User Tag List