Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once a week boxing training, is it fine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once a week boxing training, is it fine?

Due to busy schedule with my work, I can only go to the boxing gym like once or twice a week.

Would that be okay? I mean, would I still improve and develop my skills and techniques? My coach often tells me I'm a very quick learner, I think that should be a factor as well. Just to add, I have no problem with weight or anything, just training my boxing lessons for self-defense and fight knowledge.

I don't want to be Muhammed Ali, I just want to be far tougher than the average person, I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random.
    Last edited by CodeBreaker; 09-17-2018, 10:11 PM.

If that's all you can do in the gym, then it has to be good enough, right? You can still do things at home to improve. Shadow boxing, working on slow form, etc. Ask your coach what he/she recommends. If they don't have anything, ask here or find some good basic drills from a trusted source and do a few more nights at home.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
      If that's all you can do in the gym, then it has to be good enough, right? You can still do things at home to improve. Shadow boxing, working on slow form, etc. Ask your coach what he/she recommends. If they don't have anything, ask here or find some good basic drills from a trusted source and do a few more nights at home.
      I do shadow boxing at home. But how often should I be doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
        I do shadow boxing at home. But how often should I be doing it?
        I think the answer you are going to get here is "How good do you want to be?" You certainly will only improve slowly if you put in a little time, and will improve faster if you put in more focused time. How much I'll leave to the far more experienced members of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
          I think the answer you are going to get here is "How good do you want to be?" You certainly will only improve slowly if you put in a little time, and will improve faster if you put in more focused time. How much I'll leave to the far more experienced members of this forum.
          I just want to be far tougher than the average person, I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random. I have no plans on becoming a pro or fighting in any tournament.

Comment

I'd say try to do some exercises almost every day. Things that can be done at home...running, jump rope shadow boxing, push ups, ab exercises all good. Work on getting yourself some equipment at home like double end bag and heavy bag. keep going to the gym when you can.

Boxing skills might help in a street fight, if that's what you mean, but yeah it's totally different. A dude might try to kick your knee out or grab your hair or something. I try to avoid street fights because of the obvious high risk of injury to yourself and the dude your fighting. But, I get that a person might feel a bit more secure in everyday life with some fighting skills

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
              I'd say try to do some exercises almost every day. Things that can be done at home...running, jump rope shadow boxing, push ups, ab exercises all good. Work on getting yourself some equipment at home like double end bag and heavy bag. keep going to the gym when you can.

Boxing skills might help in a street fight, if that's what you mean, but yeah it's totally different. A dude might try to kick your knee out or grab your hair or something. I try to avoid street fights because of the obvious high risk of injury to yourself and the dude your fighting. But, I get that a person might feel a bit more secure in everyday life with some fighting skills
              Noted man, appreciate it

Comment

It’s like having sex once a month - better than no sex at all but .....

Comment

I just want to be far tougher than the average person, I basically want to feel comfortable about fighting someone random. I have no plans on becoming a pro or fighting in any tournament.
                  That will take some time before you're comfortable in a street fight and more than 1 time a week of training per week. I was comfortable only after turning pro with the hardcore regime that my trainer made me do every day, besides sunday ofcourse. If you train just for street fighting than I recommend that you instead do not train at all. Street fighting is for wimps looking for easy marks. If they were looking to fight other tough people they would be training where you were going to train, fighting well trained and well conditioned fighters. Looking for street fights is only the habit of losers looking for an easy mark to build their snowflake egos. And if you ever did get to the point where you are comfortable/confident enough you would probably just think that it's not even worth your time. Unless, ofcourse, you still have something to prove. You could prove that you are more than tough enough to slap a ******, because that is all that a civilian is. Well, most of them when speaking of fighting.…...Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 09-19-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

You need to be sparring 2-3 times a week for several months to learn how to fight

Comment

Working...
                    X