Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your opinions on Jaime Munguia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On one hand, I wanna say that Munguia's too young to be at his current level, but on the other hand, the guy has an amateur record of 128-10, and a pro record of 31-0. You'd think that with this much experience, he'd have more to offer, stylistically, than rushing forward and throwing power punches. It seems as though his issue is less him being young, and more him not learning from his matches. The only top 5 guy in his weight division I see him beating is Kell Brook.
    Last edited by Slicc; 09-16-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I'd expect Golden Boy to put him in with Yoshihiro Kamegai before the end of the year. Throw him in with a durable veteran that's never been knocked out and can challenge his belt.

It'd be nice to see him in a mandatory fight with J-Rock early next year, but you can't really expect him to get a crack at Hurd or Charlo since he'll probably be a middleweight by mid to late next year.

Comment

He is young, fresh and has better resume than Spence.

Comment

Big for the weight.. has flaws that can be exposed by the top top guys. Hurd eats him alive currently

Comment

Kid is 21 and he is already world champ. And he has at least 10 - 14 years left in career. He can be 4 division champ when he retires.

Comment

Hopefully HBO learns their lesson from what happened to Fernando Vargas & keep him away from the killers (Canelo/GEE or even 160lbs right NOW) until his ballz drop so to speak.

Keep him at 154lbs fight your mando's & continue to showcase him. Until he cant make the weight comfortably. Then line up some unifications, go from there.

Get used to him for the next couple months... HBO has picked their new Golden child.

Comment

Working...
              X