No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Can Stop Lomachenko, He's Not Invincible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    He should have your respect already, but ultimately, I'm sure that's what he wants, just your personal respect
    Lol.. man you sensitive tools are hilarious! My personal respect.. lol. Did I insult loma? No.. i just said garcia is bigger an just as skilled.. which is what intrigues me most about this fight.. regardless of if loma wins or loses.. he will still have my respect for fighting a bigger and multiple weight, legit and highly skilled world champion in mikey.. not saying anyone needs my personal respect.. who pissed in you sensitive cheerios this morning!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Agreed
      What people fail to understand is Linares is faster and longer than Mickey, and those 2 points clearly were what worried Loma last week end.
      Linares can do a lot of stuff Mikey can't, especially with his legs.

Mickey will worry Loma with his strength, punches selection, patience and boxing IQ.

Mickey isn't athletic like Loma or Linares.

So you will see a different fight.

Loma for the first time as a pro had his speed matched and it was a problem.

I see Mickey vs Loma as B HOP vs Calslappy.
      Agree with this except 1 thing. GRJ was the fastest opponent Loma has ever faced.

It wasnt just the speed of Linares that caused Loma problems, it was his whole skill set and the fact that he was a bigger man. Bigger, stronger, faster (possibly), longer, good footwork/speed. I'm not saying you thought this but I dont understand why most people were saying Linares was gonna be a walk in the park and I'm a Lomachenko fan.

Comment

• I just don't see this FIGHT happening!!!! MG kills Bob's high every time he hears his name... not to mention the politics of the sport! does anyone see this happening in the next 12 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          Hell yeah infact that is how everyone see's Mikey winning. Most will agree they think Mikey stops Lomachenko. ]
          mikey is much bigger then Loma that is the ONLY reason he might be talking a fight and when Loma punches his nose in Garcia will quit on his stool AGAIN

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            Not always, speed kills when there is too much of a gap.

Hopkins was a master at timing but that's Roy, Calzaghe and taylor's speed who beat him.
            Hopkins was a master at timing? That's a horrible example considering those 3 fighters also had incredible timing.. especially roy.. look at how fast khan was compared to garcia.. but eventually he got timed and destroyed.. spilka seemed faster that wilder.. even won most rounds.. until he got timed.. with one punch. An stretched..

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              What do Lipinets have anything to do with this? He was a bigger man with more power than Loma and who was awkward but still got dropped, rocked and schooled by the smaller guy!

Mikey's stamina can't be questioned, he threw over 700 punches against Broner and about nearly 600 against Lipinets!

He won't be tired it will be Loma cuz he must expend so much energy and stamina to move around so much, shifting and throwing all those punches!

When Mikey works that body, Lomachenko will realize late in the fight that all of that movement an throwing combos will comeback to bite him!
              Awkward but Garbage. The bigger man but a novice that presented no real threat. His skills were limited but yet he was the champ. Not Mikey’s fault but beating lipinets or Broner for that matter doesn’t show me anything. Say what you want about Linares but he was the truth. Exceptional boxer and great hand and foot speed. A better and more worthy test for Loma than Bronerand lipinets or Mikey. Listen I may live to eat my words but there is no measuring tool within Mikey’s opponents for me to gauge him. He is fundamentally sound but I’ve never seen him troubled in the slightest in his fights so how can I accurately suggest how he will perform under immense pressure. In any case I respect your opinion and breakdown so for now we will agree to disagree ✌🏿

Comment

• Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
                Agree with this except 1 thing. GRJ was the fastest opponent Loma has ever faced.

It wasnt just the speed of Linares that caused Loma problems, it was his whole skill set and the fact that he was a bigger man. Bigger, stronger, faster (possibly), longer, good footwork/speed. I'm not saying you thought this but I dont understand why most people were saying Linares was gonna be a walk in the park and I'm a Lomachenko fan.
                Agreed....

Comment

• Originally posted by Usetoloveboxing View Post
                  This would be a great fight. The jab is the key for Mikey. Linares didn't control the distance enough with his jab, but he was still able to set up his right Once. Mikey is slower than Linare, but he also has a higher ring IQ. I love Lomachenko, and he will have a definite speed advantage, but if Mikey uses his size it will be a very hard fight for Loma to survive, let alone win. He would have to box a near perfect fight.
                  Everyone survives against Mikey bro. He dominates and has his way in all his fights but his opponents always survive. Loma will do more than survive but who knows. I will study Mikey closely against Easter jnr because as of right now I have Loma putting on a clinic

Comment

• No one is invincible. That said, this would be a great fight. I see Lomachenko's speed and footwork making things tough for Mikey. I see Mikey's power and accuracy troubling Lomachenko, but will he be able to time him? Let's do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                      Lol.. man you sensitive tools are hilarious! My personal respect.. lol. Did I insult loma? No.. i just said garcia is bigger an just as skilled.. which is what intrigues me most about this fight.. regardless of if loma wins or loses.. he will still have my respect for fighting a bigger and multiple weight, legit and highly skilled world champion in mikey.. not saying anyone needs my personal respect.. who pissed in you sensitive cheerios this morning!
                      Garcia really isn't just as skilled, he's skilled, but not to the degree Lomachenko is. I'm not the least bit sensitive actually, if the fight happens, that's great, if not, Lomachenko will go for whoever the best is that's available and willing.

Comment

Working...
                      X