Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 10-24-2017, 04:07 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14370 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,407,225,777,991,038,533,632.00
Total Points: 692,155,459,082,944,912,556,032.00
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I drink Japanese green tea in the morning, and that does it for me. Red bull gives me headaches. But red bull girls in Japan are hot.
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-28-2017, 09:27 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 489 Post(s)
PRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,035,057.54

I think the issues with energy drinks is? That over time your body can become accustomed to them (And that is something that any athlete does not want! At the end of the day caffeine does not produce energy, it just stimulates your nervous system! It is completely useless in my opinion. I have just looked at the ingredients of Monster Energy drinks, if that drink did not have caffeine in it? Maybe it would be ok for some people! Yes there is caffeine in Green/Black tea but these teas also contain a amino called L-theanine which counter acts the effects of Caffiene! Also Black Tea can actually lower cortisol, WELL no! It does lower cortisol and improves your cortisol response to exercise!

Black Tea and Stress.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Joe Calzaghe used to drink a lot of black tea during his training camps, there was once a documentary showing him drinking it pre and post workout!

But for me personally I don't drink any teas, I have been there and done that in the past!

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 10-28-2017 at 09:32 PM.
PRINCEKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:08 PM #13
Up and Comer

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
DanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond reputeDanUK94 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,982.62
Total Points: 6,306.11

Zero sugar ones are fine imo. As with most things its all about moderation
DanUK94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:44 PM #14
Amateur

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
jmoran92 is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 129.53
Default Energy and Sports Drinks

Energy and sports drinks are not bad totally bad in the body, but if you take it in an excessive amount, then you can experience adverse effects.

It is designed to aid the body recover during stress and other strenuous activities, but it is still best to drink lots of water and eat the right kind of food to replenish the energy lost along the process.
jmoran92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:02 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3708 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,855.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoran92 View Post
Energy and sports drinks are not bad totally bad in the body, but if you take it in an excessive amount, then you can experience adverse effects.

It is designed to aid the body recover during stress and other strenuous activities, but it is still best to drink lots of water and eat the right kind of food to replenish the energy lost along the process.
What would you consider excessive?
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:29 AM #16
Amateur

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
TheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTheDonMaster has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,949.04

I know it definitely raises your blood pressure. I need to start cutting back now.
TheDonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:37 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
abracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond reputeabracada has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,083,931.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
Caffeine can cause major health conditions, including problems with heart and blood vessels, the National Institutes of Health has warned.

One couple apparently learned that the hard way when the husband was left with a hole in his skull and suffered a brain hemorrhage after what doctors said was “excessive energy drink consumption,” his wife claimed.

The number of energy drink-related emergency room visits doubled between 2007 and 2011, especially among people over the age of 40, according to the NIH.

What are some risks associated with energy drinks?

Energy drinks “can be dangerous because large amounts of caffeine may cause serious heart rhythm, blood flow and blood pressure problems,” NIH has warned.

Researchers with the American Heart Association have warned that energy drinks can be “life threatening” – especially for those with already high blood pressure or cardiac issues.

Energy drinks can also disrupt sleep patterns, cause heart palpitations and anxiety, contribute to digestive programs, increase blood pressure and lead to dehydration, according to the NIH.

ENERGY DRINKS COULD INCREASE RISK OF COCAINE USE, STUDY FINDS

The drinks have led to death. Earlier this year, a South Carolina teenager died after consuming an excessive amount of caffeine in a short amount of time.

Children with still-developing cardiovascular and nervous systems are also at risk as caffeine could harm them. The American Academy of Pediatrics said children should “never” consume energy drinks.

Is mixing alcohol and energy drinks especially dangerous?
Experts warn against mixing energy drinks and alcohol as it may inhibit young adults’ ability to tell their level of intoxication. The NIH estimated that about 25 percent of college students mix alcohol and energy drinks and binge-drink “significantly more” than others.

What ingredients are commonly found in energy drinks?
Caffeine and sugar are ingredients typically found in energy drinks, according to the University of Maryland’s Legal Resource Center for Public Health Policy. The center said that the drinks contain “large amounts of sugar comparable to sodas and fruit drinks,” as well as artificial sweeteners.

WHY ENERGY DRINKS ARE HARMING YOUR KIDS

Taurine, an amino acid, is also often found in energy drinks, the center said. It’s added as a “caffeine adjuvant” which aids the effects of caffeine. Other common ingredients – guarana, kola nuts and yerba matè – also can contain caffeine or other caffeine stimulants, the center found.

What are some alternatives to energy drinks?
To stay energized without the use of an energy drink, Villanova University recommends eating a balanced breakfast and foods with soy. The school also recommends drinking water and green tea.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
abracada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:15 PM #18
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 1469 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 76,852,387,654,206,619,648.00
Total Points: 76,852,387,654,206,619,648.00
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden 
Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Oh yes, the youngins and their energy drinks. Todays energy drinks are ****! You've had the best drink for energy in front of your faces for your entire life. You want energy? Simply drink some V8...…..Rockin'
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:28 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3708 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,549,855.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Oh yes, the youngins and their energy drinks. Todays energy drinks are ****! You've had the best drink for energy in front of your faces for your entire life. You want energy? Simply drink some V8...…..Rockin'
I took your advice, found out the hard way that V8 makes me rip monster farts.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:35 AM #20
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 1469 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 76,852,387,654,206,619,648.00
Total Points: 76,852,387,654,206,619,648.00
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden 
Icon says it all - jazluvr Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
I took your advice, found out the hard way that V8 makes me rip monster farts.
But you were energized while you were ripping those monster farts. Anyway, farting is not illegal in the ring...…...Rockin'
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
drinks:, energy, health, risks?

User Tag List