No announcement yet.

Mexican fans opinions on Canelo vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    I'll comment my thoughts on this offtopic matter.

He CAN make 154, but at what price? he made 152 for Floyd and he had to lose muscle mass in order to do that. He was 165 fight night against 170-175 he used to be. I imagine that he would have to lose a few pounds to make 154 safely. Probably would be around 170-172 on fight night which would mean 5 lbs less than he normally is. He woulnd't feel as strong.

Anyway, he's the one that has to prove WTF he's fighting at his own division for years, not we.
    For the love of all that is holy, someone answer me this; If Canelo weighed in at 154.5 with apparently no problem last year, why do you think there would be any difference in him shedding an extra 8 ounces? (In fact, would he even have to? What is the allowance for overage on super-welter?)

I imagine that he would have to lose a few pounds to make 154 safely.
    Why on earth would he lose "a few pounds" in order to drop half a pound? Stop the madness and someone explain this too me! I feel that there are some GGG blinders on and people just REFUSE to be honest about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      For the love of all that is holy, someone answer me this; If Canelo weighed in at 154.5 with apparently no problem last year, why do you think there would be any difference in him shedding an extra 8 ounces? (In fact, would he even have to? What is the allowance for overage on super-welter?)

Why on earth would he lose "a few pounds" in order to drop half a pound? Stop the madness and someone explain this too me! I feel that there are some GGG blinders on and people just REFUSE to be honest about this.
      Understand that things are not so lineal. I'll explain to you what you should already know. Try to keep the conversation honest please.

Canelo had to lose 1.5 pounds to make weight against Floyd. He had previously made 153.5 against Trout.

Losing that 1.5 pounds made him lose 7 pounds on muscle weight fight night. He was 172 fight night against Trout. And he was 165 against Floyd. 7 pounds difference for just 1.5 pounds in the weigh in.

He is fight night at 175-178 now. Losing 1 pound in the weigh in will not make him lose only 1 pound fight night. It will make him lose at least 3 or 4 pounds, for the same reason it happened against Floyd. Because he is on the limits and he will need to lose muscle.

And I'm sure he doesn't want to weight 172 on fight night again. He feels much stronger at 175-178.

YOU refure to understand this.

Comment

Canelo worshippers are only pochos(americans with mexican parents)...hell, because of a terrible call on free tv, a lot of people in Mexico think he robbed Cotto(I mean, I think Canelo is an overrated pu55y, but he did beat Cotto), lol....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Canelo worshippers are only pochos(americans with mexican parents)...hell, because of a terrible call on free tv, a lot of people in Mexico think he robbed Cotto(I mean, I think Canelo is an overrated pu55y, but he did beat Cotto), lol....
          Green K sent. If he was Puerto Rican or some other nationality they would bash him like no other.

Ate you Mexican by the way?

Comment

You obviously don't know how cutting weight works, he is already cutting a lot, yes those 8 ounces might be 8 ounces too much. Keep in mind that when he had to cut to 152 he had to lose a few pounds in order to make the weight, he weighted in at 165 instead of the usual 170-172 pounds.

Comment

Im mexican my family is mexican and none of us roll with canelo . Everyone is in agreement that he's a diva and would get humbled by golovkin. My 91 year old mexican grandpa thinks canelo is an embarrassment to mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Green K sent. If he was Puerto Rican or some other nationality they would bash him like no other.

Ate you Mexican by the way?
                Yes, I'm from Mexico City...

Comment

Losing that 1.5 pounds made him lose 7 pounds on muscle weight fight night. He was 172 fight night against Trout. And he was 165 against Floyd. 7 pounds difference for just 1.5 pounds in the weigh in.

He is fight night at 175-178 now. Losing 1 pound in the weigh in will not make him lose only 1 pound fight night. It will make him lose at least 3 or 4 pounds, for the same reason it happened against Floyd. Because he is on the limits and he will need to lose muscle.

And I'm sure he doesn't want to weight 172 on fight night again. He feels much stronger at 175-178.

Junk science. You're looking up reported fight night weights and calculating his retained mass based on that? FFS man. As someone with a professional background in nutrition (5 years in diet management), I'll just let you know that he is not losing 4lbs of muscle mass to cut 8oz of water. You can reject knowledge of you choose (you choose to often) but it only makes you look the fool.

AGAIN, it's one half of a pound. Guys, this forum is available for public viewing, stop making boxing fans look like drooling idiots.

Comment

I don't see how any marginally intelligent person can think he won't make 154 even though he consistently makes 155. Is this a remedial mathematics failure or just foolish ggg fanboyism?

Edit; I see he weighed in at 154.5 last year so either stupidity or shameless lying that has produced this "he can't lose an extra 1/2lb" nonsense.
                    I think it's because the last time he tried to make 154 he couldn't. My reasoning is if he could make 154 he would've fought Lara, Angulo, and Kirkland at 154. Those were all SWW's

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                      You obviously don't know how cutting weight works, he is already cutting a lot, yes those 8 ounces might be 8 ounces too much. Keep in mind that when he had to cut to 152 he had to lose a few pounds in order to make the weight, he weighted in at 165 instead of the usual 170-172 pounds.

Junk science. You're looking up reported fight night weights and calculating his retained mass based on that? FFS man. As someone with a professional background in nutrition (5 years in diet management), I'll just let you know that he is not losing 4lbs of muscle mass to cut 8oz of water. You can reject knowledge of you choose (you choose to often) but it only makes you look the fool.

AGAIN, it's one half of a pound. Stop comparing it to 152, which would be 5x as much as what we're talking about here. By your junk calculations, if he lost 5lbs in muscle for Mayweather, he would lose 1lb to make 154. Guys, this forum is available for public viewing, stop making boxing fans look like drooling idiots.
                      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-11-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X