Cleto Reyes Headgear Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleto Reyes Headgear Review

Cleto Reyes Headgear Mexican Style:

NOTE: Quick review. I wore the headgear only once in training + at home a few times to check comfort.

Price:
    In Germany for 180€/196$.

Size: Large

Comfort & Fit:

The headgear does fit quite good. It fits nice and tight due to the two velcro straps on the back.
    The chin strap is also really secure but it gets too tight quickly. So dont close the chin strap too tightly!
    Be aware the Headgear needs to be broken in! It really is stiff, heavily noticeable in training without being broken in. You really do feel the pressure on your forehead.
    Keep in mind you need quite some time to break it in!
    I put 3kg/7lbs weight on it on both sides for about 40 minutes each and it still is a bit stiff.
    So be prepared to break it in for a couple hours with some weights before using it.

Visibilty:

This is my first headgear so I was never used to sparring in one. It is quite the difference.
    Fells really unconfortable at first but I think youŽll get used to less vision.
    Over all you can still see a lot. The cheek proctors dont take much vision.

Padding/ Protection
    :

The padding is great. It is thick and feels really good when you squeeze it.
    The headgear protects well from shots but IŽll update in a couple weeks/months.

Quality:

Top quality.
    As expected from Cleto Reyes.
    No derps in stitching besides at the chin strap. There are a couple strings hanging freely around. But besides that perfect.

Weight and size:

The headgear weights 500g/1,1lbs which is quite a lot considering Winning FG2900 weighs
    290g/0,63lbs. Dont know how light the winning would feel on my head but the Cleto does not feel like IŽm wearing weights on my head.
    The size is L. Which means a head girth of 57-62cm/I dont know what you americans use for cm lol.

Updates in a few weeks/months.

Negatives (currently):

- Chin strap can strangle you if you close it too tight.
    - Padding needs to be broken in, otherwise really uncomfortable
    - Minimal derps in stitching at the chin strap area
    - Weight not as light as winning
    - Price 200 bucks is a lot. Although it is that expensive in Germany because
    Cleto Reyes is really hard to find here.
    Shipping winning to Germany would still be the same price though if not more.
    Last edited by BuakawBanchamek; 01-08-2016, 06:45 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
    X