No announcement yet.

De La Hoya's Best Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
    hated that fight...i was a senior in high school and remember betting my entire allowance on Rafa...f'n Oscar...serves him right to get retired by a smaller guy
    Yea it does.

The Ruelas brothers are good peoples too.

I was a big fan of Gabriel, is a damn shame what happened to him in the Jimmy Garcia fight. He never recovered mentally, was never the same.

And, every purse after that fight he gave some money to Garcia family which was stand up on his part. He really felt bad, and I can only imagine how he felt.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Yea it does.

The Ruelas brothers are good peoples too.

I was a big fan of Gabriel, is a damn shame what happened to him in the Jimmy Garcia fight. He never recovered mentally, was never the same.

And, every purse after that fight he gave some money to Garcia family which was stand up on his part. He really felt bad, and I can only imagine how he felt.

if im not mistaken (too lazy to look it up), the Garcia fight was on the undercard of Norris-Santana (that faking ass b1tch)

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        if im not mistaken (too lazy to look it up), the Garcia fight was on the undercard of Norris-Santana (that faking ass b1tch)
        I am not sure.

LOL @ Santana how many times did he pull an Andre Dirrell?

2 or 3 times?

ridiculous.

Had a stretcher and a neck brace and everything. There was no shame in his game.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          I am not sure.

LOL @ Santana how many times did he pull an Andre Dirrell?

2 or 3 times?

ridiculous.

Had a stretcher and a neck brace and everything. There was no shame in his game.

the saddest part was watching the 'JMW champ' getting carried off in a stretcher...neckbrace and all...

Comment

Genaro Hernandez, Rafael Ruelas, Jorge Paez, Julio Cesar Chavez 1&2, Ike Quartey, Pernell Whittaker, Hector Camacho, Arturo Gatti, Fernando Vargas, Ricardo Mayorga....

Comment

This kind of thread for me really makes you realise ODL was overrated largely because of just whom he got in the ring with.

The best win there for me is Whittaker, surprised more haven't picked that. Most others took roughly as good a beating not far from when ODL faced em which speaks volumes.

It's not even about his best win, it's what's his best loss.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                This kind of thread for me really makes you realise ODL was overrated largely because of just whom he got in the ring with.

The best win there for me is Whittaker, surprised more haven't picked that. Most others took roughly as good a beating not far from when ODL faced em which speaks volumes.

ppl didnt choose that one because many ppl feel he didnt deserve the win.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  ppl didnt choose that one because many ppl feel he didnt deserve the win.
                  Still down as a win.

You can't necessarily use that all the time in polls, otherwise heck, keep the question the same and put Floyd in the options.

Comment

Still down as a win.

You can't necessarily use that all the time in polls, otherwise heck, keep the question the same and put Floyd in the options.
                    i dont get it...if your best win is a fight that ppl think u lost, what does that say about u as a fighter??? are u getting ppls logic for not picking it???

Comment

you cant pick that fight because oscar didnt win imo

alot of people still have sweetpea winning that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X