Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2018, 08:27 PM #21
BennyBlanco BennyBlanco is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 623
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
BennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond reputeBennyBlanco has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,235.28
Bank: 2,409,978.42
Total Points: 2,476,213.70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
This fight will easily sell out. Do people forget that Canelo fought Liam Smith and not only did it sell well it over performed and sold over 50K tickets and broke the record for Cowboy Stadium. Canelo is far more popular today and has NEVER fought in NY or the entire East Coast for that matter. This will be the only time most people who live on the East Coast can ever afford to see him live. Cheaper tickets then his normal Vegas fights and will likely be the first and last time he ever fights in NY. The fight will sell.
First of all, Canelo vs. Liam Smith did NOT sell 50,000 tickets. Per the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, it sold 46,115 (including 8,143 in stadium suites), with over 5,000 comps.

Second, there were huge proportion of $40 tickets for Canelo-Smith. The live gate was only about $5 million ($5,037,900, to be exact). There aren't any $40 seats for the MSG fight.

Third, Texas lacks one important element that Texas has: Mexican fans. The Dallas-Fort Worth area is home to nearly 2 Mexican/Mexican-Americans. NYC has less than a third of that.

Fourth, no one on the East Coast knows Canelo. He can walk through Times Square and no one would recognize him other than Mexican tourists. I've done that with him, so I would know.
BennyBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-15-2018, 08:45 PM #22
jackblack008 jackblack008 is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 791
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
jackblack008 is a glorious beacon of lightjackblack008 is a glorious beacon of lightjackblack008 is a glorious beacon of lightjackblack008 is a glorious beacon of lightjackblack008 is a glorious beacon of lightjackblack008 is a glorious beacon of light
Points: 10,000,000,065,991.20
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,000,065,991.20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethP View Post
Canelo is THE biggest star in boxing right now. Names sell to casuals which sell tickets. Just because there were better fights on paper for hardcores doesn't mean this won't sell out. You're not thinking in the minds of casuals and how tickets are sold.
that is incorrect. WBC made GGG vs Charlo winner as mando
jackblack008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 PM #23
SethP SethP is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 48
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
SethP is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,000,000,000,001,295.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,001,295.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
First of all, Canelo vs. Liam Smith did NOT sell 50,000 tickets. Per the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, it sold 46,115 (including 8,143 in stadium suites), with over 5,000 comps.

Second, there were huge proportion of $40 tickets for Canelo-Smith. The live gate was only about $5 million ($5,037,900, to be exact). There aren't any $40 seats for the MSG fight.

Third, Texas lacks one important element that Texas has: Mexican fans. The Dallas-Fort Worth area is home to nearly 2 Mexican/Mexican-Americans. NYC has less than a third of that.

Fourth, no one on the East Coast knows Canelo. He can walk through Times Square and no one would recognize him other than Mexican tourists. I've done that with him, so I would know.
Tickets are still decently prices for this event though, IMO. And I'm not sure what the Mexican population in NYC is exactly, but I'm willing to bet it's still quite high. More importantly, you need to factor in the Mexican population in the tri-State area as a whole who can easily make the trip, as well.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I will be stunned if this isn't a sellout.
SethP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:16 PM #24
bigdunny1 bigdunny1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,977
Quoted: 6377 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,000,372,969.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,372,969.03
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
First of all, Canelo vs. Liam Smith did NOT sell 50,000 tickets. Per the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, it sold 46,115 (including 8,143 in stadium suites), with over 5,000 comps.

Second, there were huge proportion of $40 tickets for Canelo-Smith. The live gate was only about $5 million ($5,037,900, to be exact). There aren't any $40 seats for the MSG fight.

Third, Texas lacks one important element that Texas has: Mexican fans. The Dallas-Fort Worth area is home to nearly 2 Mexican/Mexican-Americans. NYC has less than a third of that.

Fourth, no one on the East Coast knows Canelo. He can walk through Times Square and no one would recognize him other than Mexican tourists. I've done that with him, so I would know.
There are comps for every fight dip shyt. Look at your butt hurt azzz trying to pretend filling 50 thousand fans to see a dude nobody ever heard of isn't impressive. Even by the live gate with 46,115 tickets sold that means an avg ticket sold price of over $109. So kill this nonsense that they only sold 40 dollar tickets when the avg ticket price sold was almost triple that. And to put in perspective the 5M live gate for the Liam Smith fight is more then double the career high live gate of any GGG fight before he fought Canelo. LMAO

Laughing at you thinking there are no Mexicans or Canelo fans on the east coast. Bars that don't even show any boxing fights show every Canelo fight and it's packed, Movie Theaters show his fights and are packed. He's the biggest draw in boxing he can sell out anywhere he wants and in NY it will be billed as Canelo only fights in Vegas this is your only chance to see him fight don't miss it. Where as in Texas and other states he's fought many times.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-15-2018 at 09:19 PM.
bigdunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:41 PM #25
Jab jab boom Jab jab boom is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,541
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Jab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,001,029,361.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,001,029,361.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethP View Post
Canelo is THE biggest star in boxing right now. Names sell to casuals which sell tickets. Just because there were better fights on paper for hardcores doesn't mean this won't sell out. You're not thinking in the minds of casuals and how tickets are sold.
you're over estimating Canelos star power, especially in NYC. Cotto vs mosley and others , Trinidad vs Whitaker and Roy Jones, all big fights, all filled up the garden but weren't full sell outs. Canelo isn't selling it out with this rocky guy.
Jab jab boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:06 PM #26
bigdunny1 bigdunny1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,977
Quoted: 6377 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,000,372,969.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,372,969.03
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
you're over estimating Canelos star power, especially in NYC. Cotto vs mosley and others , Trinidad vs Whitaker and Roy Jones, all big fights, all filled up the garden but weren't full sell outs. Canelo isn't selling it out with this rocky guy.
Canelo is the biggest star in all of boxing. This is like saying a West coast rapper can't tour in the East and east coast rappers can't tour in the west. When you become big enough that your music is played 24/7 on the radio in every city you can tour and draw crowds where ever you go. It's 2018 everyone who follows boxing has seen all of canelos fights and ordered his ppvs. The biggest star is going to MSG and it will sell. The guys you named were great fighters but never the cash cow is canelo. The fact that he has never fought there will work to his advantage it will be the sales pitch come buy tickets because all his fights are on PPV in Vegas you will never get a chance to see him live again. Just like the warriors go out east just once a year to face your home town east coast team and no matter how dreadful the mismatch they draw huge numbers and sell out to see them beat the shyt out some crap team by 20-30 points. Fans don't buy tickets because they think it will be a competitive game they buy because it's the only time to see Curry and Durant live so they pay higher prices then their local team goes for and watch them blow the doors off them. The draw won't be canelo in a competitive fight it will be canelo the biggest star of the sport at MSG for the one and only time.

Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-15-2018 at 11:36 PM.
bigdunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:49 PM #27
Jab jab boom Jab jab boom is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,541
Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Jab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond reputeJab jab boom has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,001,029,361.11
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,001,029,361.11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
Canelo is the biggest star in all of boxing. This is like saying a West coast rapper can't tour in the East and east coast rappers can't tour in the west. When you become big enough that your music is played 24/7 on the radio in every city you can tour and draw crowds where ever you go. It's 2018 everyone who follows boxing has seen all of canelos fights and ordered his ppvs. The biggest star is going to MSG and it will sell. The guys you named were great fighters but never the cash cow is canelo. The fact that he has never fought there will work to his advantage it will be the sales pitch come buy tickets because all his fights are on PPV in Vegas you will never get a chance to see him live again. Just like the warriors go out east just once a year to face your home town east coast team and no matter how dreadful the mismatch they draw huge numbers and sell out to see them beat the shyt out some crap team by 20-30 points. Fans don't buy tickets because they think it will be a competitive game they buy because it's the only time to see Curry and Durant live so they pay higher prices then their local team goes for and watch them blow the doors off them. The draw won't be canelo in a competitive fight it will be canelo the biggest star of the sport at MSG for the one and only time.
he's the biggest draw but stop acting like he's Floyd. He's not a megastar and he's not selling out the garden. He'll do good numbers but he's not selling it out. Unless Oscar closes an entire section and tries to play it off as if it's a sell out, which I've seen others do at msg.
Jab jab boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:05 AM #28
bigdunny1 bigdunny1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,977
Quoted: 6377 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,000,372,969.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,000,372,969.03
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
he's the biggest draw but stop acting like he's Floyd. He's not a megastar and he's not selling out the garden. He'll do good numbers but he's not selling it out. Unless Oscar closes an entire section and tries to play it off as if it's a sell out, which I've seen others do at msg.
Floyd is the biggest draw in the history of the entire sport. No shyt he isnt bigger then Floyd and he doesn't have to be. That's like saying LeBron ain't shyt because he's not Jordan. Jordan ain't playing no more LeBron is and he's the biggest name in his sport today so is canelo. You a hater and your predictions never come true with canelo. You said GGG was going to knock out canelo easy and instead GGG got whooped and his face broken. lol I remember clowns like you saying Canelo just gave up the belt and is going back down to fight Liam Smith his fight will flop nobody will show up to cowboy stadium....what happened? Oh yeah they sold more tickets then anyone thought and broke the record Manny Pacquiao set at cowboy stadium and Canelo is a bigger star today then he was back then. It's going to sell and you will keep complaining.

Canelo is already in the history books as 3 of the top 5 live gates in history involve Canelo. He's already sold 8M PPVs and he is only 28. How many fighters in history have sold 8M PPVs in their entire career let alone by his age? But you think nobody in NY has ever heard of Canelo LMAO

Last edited by bigdunny1; 10-16-2018 at 12:13 AM.
bigdunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:13 AM #29
Bjl12 Bjl12 is offline
Mr. Middleweight Ca$hnelo
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 3,591
Quoted: 2024 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
Bjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond reputeBjl12 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,050,431.74
Bank: 954,960,267,428.92
Total Points: 955,060,317,860.66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackblack008 View Post
This is a mismatch but I would still watch this. Rocky is a good SMW and should give problems to Canelo. Would be interesting how Canelo adapts.

In future May 6th 2019 I hope Canelo fights the winner of Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko
Jacobs v Sergiy is my hope for May also.

Never seen Fielding so am just hoping for a good scrap. One thing I know is Canelo will be a small SMW as he is a small-medium sized MW
Bjl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:09 AM #30
Truth Serum Truth Serum is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 55
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Truth Serum can only hope to improve
Points: 1,526.88
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,526.88
Default

Definitely not a sell out! Dont even know if its even gonna be televised...

But GGG vs Charlo is a sellout anywhere and a PPV!
Truth Serum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.