Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#liarsonly

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I see what you're saying and I'm sure some people will treat it that way, but Golovkin no longer has titles to defend and is under no obligation to fight Charlo (or anyone else for that manner). Sure the usual suspects will claim he's 'ducking' Jermall, regardless of whether or not Charlo was willing and ready, but you should know by now that literally whatever news comes out will be spun to fit people's narrative and that no amount of rational discussion will change that. Frankly I no longer have the time or energy to go around trying to correct all the BS that fills the air here.

Kinda sad to see so many people waste so much time trying to smear a good fighters name, but then most of 'em would say that Floyd and others just got treated the same, and they'd have some justification, though for the life of me I don't get how acting just like the people you thought were assh0les makes any sense.

EDIT: Besides which, we're on a thread claiming that Jermall is ducking Golovkin, which has no justification either, and could equally be claimed to be biased (or trolling) in the opposite direction.
      That was actually what I entered this thread to comment on, but I got distracted by his attempt to switch the "blame" onto GGG.

People are so keen to bash one or the other, depending on which side of the fence they stand, that they are missing the real scandal here, which is that the WBC had no business ordering GGG and Charlo to fight each other in the first place.

What happened to the order they made before the GGG/Canelo rematch .. that the winner had to Charlo next?

Clearly, they are bending over backwards and bending the rules to keep Canelo happy. Probably because they are worried he might dump their belt again if they order him to fight somebody he doesn't want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        If Canelo can take his pick of either GGG or Charlo after Fielding - whether they fight each other or not - then the WBC ordering GGG vs Charlo - with the winner to fight Canelo - was meaningless!
        It's not meaningless in the sense that if GGG had accepted and won, then Canelo would have to fight him or else GGG would be named champion. Whereas now, if Canelo stays at 168 or simply chooses to vacate the WBC, Charlo becomes champion and GGG is out of luck.

Comment

I spoke to Al Haymon last week and he told me that Charlo didn't want to fight GGG next either.

Why don't you give both sides of the story.
          Pretty idiotic troll. Charlo would obviously accept a 50/50 purse split with GGG. Shows how stupid you are that you don't realize the WBC order would be extremely appealing to Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
            This is what I figured all along. The WBC rides with whoever will make them the most money.
            Yes, but only to a certain point. Remember, the WBC did eventually force Canelo to fight GGG or vacate. The WBC did force Bowe to fight Lewis or vacate. The WBC even forced Don King's prized possession Mike Tyson to fight Lewis or vacate.

The WBC will cater to you when you're a star, but there's still a limit. Eventually you do have to fight the top guy or vacate.

They will push Charlo back again come may when GGG Canelo 3 goes down. Maybe Charlo gets a crack come September of 19.
            That's what I've said all along. Canelo can buy himself some time but by the end of next year, either Charlo will have gotten his title shot or he'll be elevated to world champion. It sucks having to play the waiting game, but Charlo will be the world champion by the end of next year.

Better yet, he will have probably Andrade and Jacob's as champs here in a few weeks, why not try to fight one of them instead of holding off for a title chance against 2 guys who at this point are gonna choose who they wanna fight rather than be dictated to by any belt organization.
            Jacobs likely goes to DAZN and Andrade is with DAZN. So Charlo has no mechanism to make those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
              He dont wont in any of that work he scurrrrrrrrred and shook! He run mouth now wont stop dont even sign the paper? coaward ass puxcy BYTCH!
              Shontae speakin' dat troof mayne! Charlo stay duckin' dem slick Euros!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Pretty idiotic troll. Charlo would obviously accept a 50/50 purse split with GGG. Shows how stupid you are that you don't realize the WBC order would be extremely appealing to Charlo.
                And risk losing a 45/55 split with Canelo, or whatever the current mandated WBC purse split is for Champ vs Interim champ fights?

Not likely, I would think.

If you want anybody to take what you say about this seriously, you need to post links to evidence that GGG refused the order to fight Charlo and charlo accepted it.

Note: "the WBC told me" is not evidence.
                Last edited by kafkod; 10-12-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

And risk losing a 45/55 split with Canelo, or whatever the current mandated WBC purse split is for Champ vs Interim champ fights?

Not likely, I would think.

If you want anybody to take what you say about this seriously, you need to post links to evidence that GGG refused the order to fight Charlo and charlo accepted it.

Note: "the WBC told me" is not evidence.
                  If Charlo says no to the GGG fight, he's stripped of the interim title anyway and loses his position with Canelo, so you're not making any sense.

Comment

I don't know if the Charlo and GGG camps have spoken, and we aren't supposed to know but let's pump the brakes. This doesn't look good, but let's not act like there has also just been a development with the BJS WBO title as well. GGG may be taking a break and fighting Charlo or fighting for the WBO belt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      If Charlo says no to the GGG fight, he's stripped of the interim title anyway and loses his position with Canelo, so you're not making any sense.
                      He didn't need to say no. He just needed to say nothing, which is what he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X