Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would anyone want to see a rematch????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I think he was trying to keep distance. This is just a rock beats scissors matchup for him I feel. If they fought 10 times I think Khabib would beat him 10 times.

All of Conor's weaknesses are Khabib's strengths. And Conor has some glaring holes in his game despite being an elite level fighter. That might sound like I'm sh^tting on Conor's ability, but its actually saying that he's one of the few mfers in recent UFC history to be so limited a guy in his abilities (virtually no ground game at all) that got so far in the game.

Generally thats something guys can't get away with today & be a successful as Conor was. I mean you can make an argument Conor was the most successful MMA guy ever just cuz of his multiple title winning performances over tip top highly thought of guys like Aldo & Alvarez.
    i meant "keep distance" as in move around more. dont stand there and trade. conor was trading with khabib and even got caught in the 1st round.

he should move more and let khabib shoot in for the take down, this way he can tired khabib out. he fought khabib's game plan by standing there. watch khabib vs barboza, barboza survive all rounds and lost on the cards because he was able to move away from khabib. conor is a lot better than barboza.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      i meant "keep distance" as in move around more. dont stand there and trade. conor was trading with khabib and even got caught in the 1st round.
      Thats how Conor fights. He keeps some distance so mfers can't just take the fight to the ground, but he fights relatively close to guys the whole fight so he can come in hurt them or stop them. He's not running around jabbing his way to a W.

he should move more and let khabib shoot in for the take down, this way he can tired khabib out.
      Thats an awful thought process. First off if Khabib shoots he's gonna get you about half the time. Those are bad odds whatever Conor's gameplan was. Specifically Khabib's really good at judging when to attempt to take a guy down & once he gets a piece of you he's good at converting a lil something into your ass on the ground.

And Conor is never going to out gastank Khabib. Khabib has gone 15 minutes like its nothing numerous times. Conor is breathing like a 50lb overweight mfer who jogged to the mailbox for the first time in 10 years by round 2 usually.

he fought khabib's game plan by standing there. watch khabib vs barboza, barboza survive all rounds and lost on the cards because he was able to move away from khabib. conor is a lot better than barboza.
      Conor is better at some sh^t than Barboza. Barboza is a more well rounded dude doe. Barboza also gots a TD defense to avoid get taken down more & a ground game to survive when it gets there. And Barboza got beaten pretty good lets not bs. He got 7 of the 9 scored rds on the 3 judges cards judged 10-8.

Conor's shot to shoot was to do what he's done in most of his fights successfully. Try to KTFO of Khabib like he tried to & usually succeeded in doing to every one of his past opponents.

And he did more well than I suspected he would. Conor was the first guy to win a round vs Khabib. And if you'd have told me that I'd have said okay he musta won the first round...but nah Conor won the f#cking third round. So Conor was actually the guy who's done the best vs Khabib up til now.

Comment

Given that many think Gleison Tibau beat Khabib, I can't see Conor winning 1 round as him putting in the best performance lol ^^ I doubt there will be an immediate rematch AND I don't think Dana White expected Conor to win, yet he made the matchup anyway. Fans claiming he might be suicidal because Khabib won don't really understand how much the UFC has been pushing Khabib, he's going to be a cash cow too.

They all knew Conor wasn't beating Khabib, that's why they rushed the fight and with no promo tour

Comment

look at khabib's last 2 fights. it all went to the score cards because his opponents kept their distance, conor is a lot better than khabib's previous opponents. conor fought the wrong game plan. if there's a rematch expect everything to be different.
          Barboza is a well rounded fighter. Al Iaquianta, the 11th ranked, real estate agent, did well more than Conor because he had great cardio. Al Iaquinta fought Khabib on one day notice and trained for a three round fight, did well.

Going back to the original discussion on Billeau's question, did Conor-Khabib generates excitement? No, it didnt. we all know now, Khabib can take Conors punch and Khabib took his soul that he wont be the same man after this fight.

nate is a tough SOB. look at nate's face though. had that been anyone else the fight would have been over.
          LOL Youre saying Khabib isnt tough? Conor KDed Nate a few times while Khabib just laughed off at Conors punch.
          Last edited by led; 10-08-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
            Given that many think Gleison Tibau beat Khabib, I can't see Conor winning 1 round as him putting in the best performance lol ^^ I doubt there will be an immediate rematch AND I don't think Dana White expected Conor to win, yet he made the matchup anyway. Fans claiming he might be suicidal because Khabib won don't really understand how much the UFC has been pushing Khabib, he's going to be a cash cow too.

They all knew Conor wasn't beating Khabib, that's why they rushed the fight and with no promo tour
            They were cashing him out for sure. Dana knew they might only get one more fight out of him so they decided to put over the guy most likely to be next long running champ of the division.

They kept Connor far away from Nurma for a long time just like they denied Frankie Edgar any chance of getting near him in the previous weight class. In fact, Frankie offered to fill in on short notice twice but they chose lesser guys instead.

People get so offended by the word "hype job" if it's a guy they believed in at one point. Connor didn't suck. He was a decent fighter. But, he was definitively a hype job by virtue of the fact that he was part of the star maker machine. Built up carefully because he had star qualities. Protected from certain fights that logically should have taken place. Given others that made him look good. His course was more WWE than true champion fighting the best of each division. Ask Frankie Edgar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Thats how Conor fights. He keeps some distance so mfers can't just take the fight to the ground, but he fights relatively close to guys the whole fight so he can come in hurt them or stop them. He's not running around jabbing his way to a W.

Thats an awful thought process. First off if Khabib shoots he's gonna get you about half the time. Those are bad odds whatever Conor's gameplan was. Specifically Khabib's really good at judging when to attempt to take a guy down & once he gets a piece of you he's good at converting a lil something into your ass on the ground.

And Conor is never going to out gastank Khabib. Khabib has gone 15 minutes like its nothing numerous times. Conor is breathing like a 50lb overweight mfer who jogged to the mailbox for the first time in 10 years by round 2 usually.

Conor is better at some sh^t than Barboza. Barboza is a more well rounded dude doe. Barboza also gots a TD defense to avoid get taken down more & a ground game to survive when it gets there. And Barboza got beaten pretty good lets not bs. He got 7 of the 9 scored rds on the 3 judges cards judged 10-8.

Conor's shot to shoot was to do what he's done in most of his fights successfully. Try to KTFO of Khabib like he tried to & usually succeeded in doing to every one of his past opponents.

And he did more well than I suspected he would. Conor was the first guy to win a round vs Khabib. And if you'd have told me that I'd have said okay he musta won the first round...but nah Conor won the f#cking third round. So Conor was actually the guy who's done the best vs Khabib up til now.
              Conor footwork is 100x better than that though. Sure he stands there but he controls distance and timing better than he showed.

Conor clearly took Khabib lightly and under prepared. Man barely kicked either and that is usually how he sets up his power punches but instead, he stood and traded like a generic fighter.

I got no excuses for it but I know that you know Conor doesnt fight like how he showed at all. Not on a regular basis.

He looked like how he did with Diaz 1. Just totally off the mark with preparatiin

Comment

I would like to see a rematch and possibly a trilogy. Unless Conor puts Khabib in a box lioe he did Aldo, or vice verse. There will need to be a 3rd fight if Conor wins the rematch.

Man looked like he wasnt sharp at all. Khabib did what Khabib does but absolutely nothing Conor did had any sort of reason to it.

2nd go around. I guarantee Conor and his coach has a better game plan for Khabib. He will gameplan a victory more so then just Aldo him. I guarantee it. All my MMA knowledge tells me, a rematch is Conor's victory.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Conor clearly took Khabib lightly and under prepared. Man barely kicked either and that is usually how he sets up his power punches but instead, he stood and traded like a generic fighter.
                  I read comments like these from casual-teenage-die hard fans of Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

2nd go around. I guarantee Conor and his coach has a better game plan for Khabib. He will gameplan a victory more so then just Aldo him. I guarantee it. All my MMA knowledge tells me, a rematch is Conor's victory.
                    Did Kavanagh produced lots of championsip-calibre fighter aside from Conor?

Gunnar Nelson had potential, he should find other gym to develop him more.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                      Did Kavanagh produced lots of championsip-calibre fighter aside from Conor?

Gunnar Nelson had potential, he should find other gym to develop him more.
                      I've been thinking about this for awhile ... Gunnar is one of the best grapplers in the division with awkward striking, but his gameplans rarely play to his strengths or take into account his opponent's (strengths).

pretty sure Kavanagh is killing Nelson's career, if it's not already dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X