Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Love To Make Luis Ortiz vs. Dillian Whyte For Dec. 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    It will either be Chisora or Ortiz next for Whyte. When that happens, it will just be something else you're wrong about.

Call them bums all you want to downplay them, but that was a war. If you didn't enjoy it, then maybe boxing isn't for you.

You didn't see two successive heavy punches put together in that fight? Maybe you're at an age where you need glasses. There was plenty.
    Their are a great many things I appreciate about boxing Whyte and Chisora are admirable yet crude and limited. They are not to my taste, two come forward dumbies whom utilise their faces to block punches, that is not pugilism that is bar room brawling.

Comment

Ortiz has said "Lets get down" on the undercard of Wilder/Fury, not in a main event in the UK for more money. So there lies the problem.

Whyte will bring it if Ortiz comes over and the Chisora fight isn't made.
      What difference does it make? He and Ortiz are both the top two mandatory challengers for Deontay Wilder's WBC title belt.

So what if they don't make the kind of money they are expecting to make. At least they will be put in line for an eventual title shot at the WBC belt.

If Whyte ducks Ortiz again, this will mark the third time he has pulled such a stunt like this. First, he ducked Ortiz for the WBC title eliminator, then he ducked Pulev for the IBF title eliminator and unless Luis Ortiz come over to the U.K. He is about to duck this mandatory title eliminator again which is sad.

Perhaps he just hold out until April and receive that ass whoopin again the second time around by Anthony Joshua for the WBO title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sktherealdeal View Post
        If that's the way you see it. No fan said they don't want him fighting on an undercard and at the same time if you are a fan you will want what's best for your guy. Whyte knows what's best for him which is headlining a card of his own except he earns the same amount as Wilder he will never fight on his undercard. How about Wilder fighting Fury on Whyte's undercard instead.
        Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        No everything has to go Wilders way. It’s his way or no boxing for these fanatics.
        Maybe you should read Ray's prior post where he indicated that Whyte shouldn't fight on the Fury Wilder undercard. As a fan, I don't care for either or. Seems to me folks have a preference, which to me, exceeds what a regular fan of the sport thinks and leans more towards what a fan of a fighter thinks.

As for your question...if the money is right why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          So Whyte would turn down more money on an undercard just to be the main event against the same guy?
          Tell me how much more Whyte would be getting to fight on that undercard oppose to headlining his own PPPV. You are actually the only American poster that I have 100% respect for in regards to these Wilder debates, but your post right here sounds ******ed.

Comment

Maybe you should read Ray's prior post where he indicated that Whyte shouldn't fight on the Fury Wilder undercard. As a fan, I don't care for either or. Seems to me folks have a preference, which to me, exceeds what a regular fan of the sport thinks and leans more towards what a fan of a fighter thinks.

As for your question...if the money is right why not?
            No don’t twist my words, Whyte would NOT fight on Wilder undercard... Why? He just had his first PPV in his last fight. He has already headline his own shows, he has been promised £5m for his next fight by Chisora (Not sure if he find that funds or not), so no way would Whyte fight on an undercard as the third fight (Fighting under Jesus freaking Chavez!!!!!), so unless they are going to pay him more than £5m to stuck him and Ortiz on the undercard then the fight would not happen, if you don’t care how the fight happens then why do you have a problem with December 22nd? That is the only viable option in regards to the fight happening. Those two headlining their own card/PPV.... Its especially great for Ortiz career.... The only person that benefits from December 1st would be Wilder.

Comment

Haha, When did Joshua duck Ortiz? That never happened.
              When Ortiz was his mandatory and signed to Matchroom

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                What difference does it make? He and Ortiz are both the top two mandatory challengers for Deontay Wilder's WBC title belt.

So what if they don't make the kind of money they are expecting to make. At least they will be put in line for an eventual title shot at the WBC belt.

If Whyte ducks Ortiz again, this will mark the third time he has pulled such a stunt like this. First, he ducked Ortiz for the WBC title eliminator, then he ducked Pulev for the IBF title eliminator and unless Luis Ortiz come over to the U.K. He is about to duck this mandatory title eliminator again which is sad.

Perhaps he just hold out until April and receive that ass whoopin again the second time around by Anthony Joshua for the WBO title.
                They would be put in line for a shot at the WBC regardless of where they fight. But if it comes down to choice, the UK in a main event for more money makes the most sense. Anyway, Ortiz has agreed to come over here if the Chisora fight isn't made.

Whyte took on a better and higher ranked fighter in Parker over Pulev with more money on the line. To criticize that doesn't make any sense and shows you're just trying downplay Whyte at all costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                  When Ortiz was his mandatory and signed to Matchroom
                  The IBF mandatory was called first. Had Joshua fought Ortiz first he would have lost his title. So it made sense to get that out of the way. Ortiz would have been next But Ortiz went in Wilder's direction instead and failed a test so wouldn't have been able to fight Joshua anyway because the WBA stripped him from the top 15 rankings. So it's a good job a training camp for Joshua wasn't wasted and he had the Takam fight instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    No don’t twist my words, Whyte would NOT fight on Wilder undercard... Why? He just had his first PPV in his last fight. He has already headline his own shows, he has been promised £5m for his next fight by Chisora (Not sure if he find that funds or not), so no way would Whyte fight on an undercard as the third fight (Fighting under Jesus freaking Chavez!!!!!), so unless they are going to pay him more than £5m to stuck him and Ortiz on the undercard then the fight would not happen, if you don’t care how the fight happens then why do you have a problem with December 22nd? That is the only viable option in regards to the fight happening. Those two headlining their own card/PPV.... Its especially great for Ortiz career.... The only person that benefits from December 1st would be Wilder.
                    You're assuming that a headline and PPV automatically creates a purse that surpasses that which could be received on an undercard. That's not exactly a guarantee. Particularly when it's the undercard of a large ppv event.

I'm not claiming to know how much he could get for either, but to argue that the default should be the main event is premature.

Lastly, I never said I had a problem with Whyte or Ortiz fighting on 22Dec. All I did was point out that YOU seemed to have a problem with Whyte fighting on an undercard as if it should matter to the regular fan.

Comment

You're assuming that a headline and PPV automatically creates a purse that surpasses that which could be received on an undercard. That's not exactly a guarantee. Particularly when it's the undercard of a large ppv event.

I'm not claiming to know how much he could get for either, but to argue that the default should be the main event is premature.

Lastly, I never said I had a problem with Whyte or Ortiz fighting on 22Dec. All I did was point out that YOU seemed to have a problem with Whyte fighting on an undercard as if it should matter to the regular fan.
                      Again those two headlining their own show is better for everyone involved apart from Wilder and his fanatics, this is the only angle anyone would argue against it. I don’t have a problem with Whyte fighting on anyone’s undercard.... I pointed out (Something that I thought would be obvious), why would he want to fight on Wilder undercard? He would get paid less, he would be showcased as the third fight for the night and he wouldn’t get the attention that fight deserves.

Now back to December 22nd, Ortiz and Whyte would be the main event, showcased and spotlight on them two. On PPV which meaning They stand a better chance of getting paid more. Now Team Ortiz has come out and said they are ready for that card, which means they agree with my original comments.

Only a dumb team would pass over that December 22nd opportunity for the December 1st one.

Comment

Working...
                      X