No announcement yet.

Slowly getting worse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly getting worse

I been boxing for about 10 months and for that past few weeks it feels like the more I train the worse I get and I really dont understand it. Some people might argue that I train harder and Im tired, but I have rest days and im only slightly sore before I start training. My stamina seems to be lacking even though I started running 5 kilometers more often and started shadow boxing 30 minutes a day instead of 0... I also feel like my speed, technique and overall flow in combos decreased even though I practice them more every day. I dont get it and I might just be getting in my own head but If anyone has an idea id appreciate it

Originally posted by JMakri141 View Post
    I been boxing for about 10 months and for that past few weeks it feels like the more I train the worse I get and I really dont understand it. Some people might argue that I train harder and Im tired, but I have rest days and im only slightly sore before I start training. My stamina seems to be lacking even though I started running 5 kilometers more often and started shadow boxing 30 minutes a day instead of 0... I also feel like my speed, technique and overall flow in combos decreased even though I practice them more every day. I dont get it and I might just be getting in my own head but If anyone has an idea id appreciate it
    What you don't understand is the fact that you are not only training your body, you are indeed training your mind as well. Man up soldier!!

How old are you?……...Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 10-01-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      What you don't understand is the fact that you are not only training your body, you are indeed training your mind as well. Man up soldier!!

How old are you?……...Rockin'
      hmmm i never thought about it that way.. Your right im probably just having an off week and im letting it get to me. I just turned 16 but thanks for the motivation im gunna kill it tomorrow

Comment

hmmm i never thought about it that way.. Your right im probably just having an off week and im letting it get to me. I just turned 16 but thanks for the motivation im gunna kill it tomorrow
        Peaks and valleys..... all you have to do is show up and then one day it shows up and then you just roll with it. Not just working but working it all properly..……..Rockin'

Comment

Are you getting into a rut with your training? Are you sparring?

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
            Are you getting into a rut with your training? Are you sparring?
            I changed my training up a lot last week because I moved up into the advanced class from the beginner class and started adding more into my workout (more abs, more shadow boxing, more training at home, push ups, weightlifting, and watching a lot of boxers) over the span of 2 months. I also haven't been sparring nearly as much as I used to and I didn't realize that until you said something so thank you for that

Comment

what city are you boxing out of and how long have you been at it? …..Rockin'

Comment

I changed my training up a lot last week because I moved up into the advanced class from the beginner class and started adding more into my workout (more abs, more shadow boxing, more training at home, push ups, weightlifting, and watching a lot of boxers) over the span of 2 months. I also haven't been sparring nearly as much as I used to and I didn't realize that until you said something so thank you for that
                You are welcome. I work with Fastpitch players and after a while we can train but if there isn't games after a while it gets stale. Exercising is one thing, but if you are training then there needs to be something you are training FOR. Improvement? Better sparring? Eventual amateur fight? For me it is an internal Fight Night type thing. After that I'll do it for the exercise.

Comment

Working...
                X