Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cunningham: I'll Resurrect Lubin, Guarantee He Will Rule at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lubin and Khan has one thing in common..... weak chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
      Lubin got thrown in there with Charlo too early in his career,, he didn't have the right fights before hand to prepare himself for a title shot.
      It looked like Jermell took his soul in that knockout loss
      I'm getting tired of people saying so and so "took his soul" because the guy has 1 knockout loss. If it were later in his career then maybe he would be done but he's still young and it's his first loss against arguably the man at 154 right now.
      Are you in his head? Have you been around Erickson since that loss? If the answer is no then you have no idea what condition he is in mentally right now and if Cunningham says he sees this kind of potential, I tend to believe him over you. He may not win titles at 154 or 160 but time will tell. If he can rebound from that loss to Charlo he will become stronger and wiser from it.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
        I'm getting tired of people saying so and so "took his soul" because the guy has 1 knockout loss. If it were later in his career then maybe he would be done but he's still young and it's his first loss against arguably the man at 154 right now.
        Are you in his head? Have you been around Erickson since that loss? If the answer is no then you have no idea what condition he is in mentally right now and if Cunningham says he sees this kind of potential, I tend to believe him over you. He may not win titles at 154 or 160 but time will tell. If he can rebound from that loss to Charlo he will become stronger and wiser from it.
        There is a difference between losing your first fight and getting laid out on the canvas, shaking like a snake that got its head chopped off in front of the world.
        I said it looked like Jermel took his soul, I didn't say that it was 100% we will find out when he steps up

Comment

he was calling out mungia, bad idea imo

Comment

I mean anyone who's a top 10 or hell maybe even a top 20 talent can find a road to a belt so I'd never say he couldn't win a title cuz he's probably a solid top 20ish guy on his worst day.

Idk about "ruling the division" doe. That seems a big ask & a long way off best case. And fair play they got time. He's only turning 23 in another week. The way he took that L doe is some sh^t that can f#ck with a boxer for awhile to so I'm super curious how he acts when they put him in another live world class opponent type fight. They definitely should aim lower whoever that next big fight opponent is doe & honestly I wouldn't blame then if they took another full year easing him back up vs some softer touches.

Comment

Re

I saw that KO coming a mile away. Silly move from his management.First time I saw Lubin, they put him in with a journeyman guy. I'm tough, your punches are doing nothing, bring in on, before he eventually gets knocked out. One of those guys .

Okay, Lubin won...good win for the kid. Then they go, he's getting Charlo NEXT. Um, WHAT?!

Some 21-22 year olds are actually ready to be put in with a killer. Typically Mexicans, as they turn pro and start boxing grown men early.

Lubin was bright, cheery, smiling...it just didnt look like he was ready to be thrown to the wolves.

The Olympian kid that Andre Ward is mentoring! Him too! I see smiles, youth, I dont see the MEANESS required to put him in too tough right now.

He needs a live dog journeyman, who's going to test him, and wipe that smile off his face . He needs adversity like that.

Comment

They keep putting him in with the same come forward mexican style fighter. If he fought an Ishe Smith Willie Nelson or Vanes he might have have been better prepared for Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  he was calling out mungia, bad idea imo
                  Yea agree. Thats not a fight they want anytime soon for f#cking sure.

I think a Austin Trout would be a nice matchup for him. Older cat. Gots a name still. Buts for sure on the downside of his career.

A lesser name younger cat I don't think Tony Harrison would be a bad fight for him to kinda see what he can do. Harrison is limited & perhaps with less than stellar stamina, but he can beat your ass if you aren't taking him serious or make too many mistakes.

And a really interesting matchup to me of guys who've both had some bad KO L's would be Lubin vs J Rock. J Rock has come along nicely since he got struck down by the other Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderfists View Post
                    some of yall mofos are exaggerating saying lubin has a glass chin acting like charlo doesn't knock out ppl. Lubin was americas best amateur since ward. I feel like he will rule the division and would beat overated basic munguia.
                    yeah and on top of that it landed perfectly with lubin moving into it.

Comment

Originally posted by sho_rulez View Post
                      i saw that ko coming a mile away. Silly move from his management.first time i saw lubin, they put him in with a journeyman guy. I'm tough, your punches are doing nothing, bring in on, before he eventually gets knocked out. One of those guys .

Okay, lubin won...good win for the kid. Then they go, he's getting charlo next. Um, what?!

Some 21-22 year olds are actually ready to be put in with a killer. Typically mexicans, as they turn pro and start boxing grown men early.

Lubin was bright, cheery, smiling...it just didnt look like he was ready to be thrown to the wolves.

The olympian kid that andre ward is mentoring! Him too! I see smiles, youth, i dont see the meaness required to put him in too tough right now.

He needs a live dog journeyman, who's going to test him, and wipe that smile off his face . He needs adversity like that.
                      yeah that was a terrible move for his career

Comment

Working...
                      X