No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Menayothin Goes For 51-0 on August 28, May Pass Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Leonard also basically fought like 5 fights in 10 years included huge layoffs (years at a time) and a ton of coke. You don’t mention that you just use age as the exact same for everyone to suit nutthugging views.

There’s been tons of fighters with massive successes past the age of 35 it’s not just Ali and Mayweather.
    Massive success? Name 10 sir. I want guys fighting top 10 contenders too, not scrubs. And how many fights did Floyd have? And whose fault is it Leonard was coked out? If that's the case, none of his wins against Duran should count. Hell, half the boxers in the 80s were coked out. You know who else was coked out? Terry Norris and Hector Camacho.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwayne3534 View Post
      So Cervantes was how old when he fought Benitez? Far from his peak. And it was a questionable decision at that. Hernandez was not a whole lot younger than Nelson. And Nelson was the world champion so... And explain how Cervantes is better than Hernandez? Because it was the golden Era? And what is considered great exactly? Is great what you accomplish in the ring, or what people perceive you to be? Corrales was the favorite when he fought Floyd, even though Floyd had already beaten every top guy at 130. So was Corrales great? Or since it wasn't a war and Floyd made it look easy, was he no longer great? Most of Floyd's fights that odds makers said were close, ended up being blown outs. It's not that he didn't beat great fighters, it's that he didn't have great fights. He didn't have those life and death fights that Ali had. He didn't fight in an Era like the early 80s where boxing was larger than life like Leonard. He doesn't have some aura of invincibility that Ray Robinson had. But I'll ask you honestly, why would you want a past prime former 130 lb fighter to fight the middleweight champion of the world. Because deep down, you feel Floyd is so great that he might be able to figure out a way to win. And personally I think you missed the greatest resume in boxing history by my all time favorite boxer. Homicide Hank Armstrong.
      Boring. Are you JohnWoo by chance? He posts the same stuff constantly.

Cervantes was I believe 30 and in the middle of an excellent run where he was very active and lost once in 10 years (avenged) beating the great Niccolino Locche. He also went on to regain his title and defend it again and not lose for a few years (to the great Pryor). Benitez beat Cervantes close but clear. Mayweather had debatable wins vs. Castillo, De La hoya and Maidana.

Hernandez also was about 7-8 years younger than Nelson which in the 90s was a LOT.

Anyway enough with the Mayweather nutthugging. It’s boring and I’m done with it. You guys can’t just move on.

Comment

Leonard also basically fought like 5 fights in 10 years included huge layoffs (years at a time) and a ton of coke. You don’t mention that you just use age as the exact same for everyone to suit nutthugging views.

There’s been tons of fighters with massive successes past the age of 35 it’s not just Ali and Mayweather.
        Oh you know who was pretty good past 35? Even ko' do the #1 ranked Welterweight? Shane Mosley. Oh but wait, he was past his prime since he lost to Mayweather in his next fight. Oh there is another guy who beat the #1 and #2 ranked 154 lb fighters. Well not quite at 35 but still. What was his name? Oh yeah, Dela Hoya. But he was past prime to since he lost to Mayweather right after that. This is why I defend Mayweather, cause ppl like you can't give him credit for whatever stupid reason. Marquez was coming up two weight classes? Oh like Duran when he beat Leonard or Mosley with Dela Hoya. That's not the same though right? Cause they were coming off two year layoffs just like Mayweather and it's not like Marquez ever beat anyone of note at 147 right?

Comment

Boring. Are you JohnWoo by chance? He posts the same stuff constantly.

Cervantes was I believe 30 and in the middle of an excellent run where he was very active and lost once in 10 years (avenged) beating the great Niccolino Locche. He also went on to regain his title and defend it again and not lose for a few years (to the great Pryor). Benitez beat Cervantes close but clear. Mayweather had debatable wins vs. Castillo, De La hoya and Maidana.

Hernandez also was about 7-8 years younger than Nelson which in the 90s was a LOT.

Anyway enough with the Mayweather nutthugging. It’s boring and I’m done with it. You guys can’t just move on.
          Oh it was a lot in the 90s, but not in the 2000s huh? And 30 hmm? And it's nutthugging but what your doing isn't? Gtfoh. I got excuses for my guys getting their asses whooped though. Leon Spinks who beat who else besides Ali? Terry Norris probably took a line of coke right before he whooped Leonards ass. Let's not forget the great Iran Barkley lol. And what is Durans record above 135 again? And why didn't Benitez fight Hagler? Oh yeah some bum knocked him the hell out. 10 to 1 favorite my ass lol

Comment

• Why is this even a comparison to What Mayweathers achieved

The guys whole Resume consists of nobodies in andivision no one gives a sh.it about , 3 fights ago he fought a 6 rounder against a guy with 44 losses and from the looks of it regularly fights 6-8 founders . How many Past ,present or future world champs has he fought ?

All he’s proved is that he’s the toughest rice farmer in Thailand

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              Mhm you say that now. Smdh sour grapes.

I am so glad Kostya took it Chavez too! Go ahead say he was old, he was the WBC #1 rank at the time.
              Try reading you find things out. You bring up fights when guy is shot it’s like someone bringing up Leon Spinks beat Ali or that Cab driver from Mexico beating Pernell Whitaker when he was old . People like you are comical

Comment

Chavez got a gift in the second fight too. He looked like he was going to lose and got hurt and then the BS WBC rule saved him. The rubber match 10 years later doesn’t count.
                Doesn’t count he won the history books say Chavez won 2 of 3 fights

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Doesn’t count he won the history books say Chavez won 2 of 3 fights
                  Sure, but you made it sound like he dominated the re-match? He got a WBC assisted gift. If it's all about what the history books say why did you feel the need to point out Chavez' poor preparation for the first fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Try reading you find things out. You bring up fights when guy is shot it’s like someone bringing up Leon Spinks beat Ali or that Cab driver from Mexico beating Pernell Whitaker when he was old . People like you are comical
                    He took the money. He took the L! Pass prime nothing. If Floyd were to lose right now you guys would be clowning him. He was the WBC number 1 ranked at the time. And Ali got busted up by Holmes . Idc u take the money I don't wanna hear nothing. Same thing with Roy.

Down goes chavez. :P

Comment

Sure, but you made it sound like he dominated the re-match? He got a WBC assisted gift. If it's all about what the history books say why did you feel the need to point out Chavez' poor preparation for the first fight?
                      Thank you!!!! Chavez got exposed by a Crack head. Down goes chavez!

Comment

Working...
                      X