Kevin lee misses weight, comes in at 157

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin lee misses weight, comes in at 157

Last time almost missed But made it.

This time it's official. He's old school wrestler who is prolly doing it the hard way without help.

This fight gonna be lit doe.. Barbosa vs Lee!!

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    Last time almost missed But made it.

This time it's official. He's old school wrestler who is prolly doing it the hard way without help.

This fight gonna be lit doe.. Barbosa vs Lee!!
    Who you got?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
      Who you got?
      Im going with lee..

I think he is better all-around. Very explosive and powerful. Prolly the physically strongest dude in division.

I think he may the second best wrestler after khabib as well. Not overall grappler because he has sme holes in his BJJ, but just the wrestling aspect.

He's just such a strong explosive dude.

So i think his wrestling will be the edge. Especially if it goes to a decision.

However barbosa is a few levels above lee in technical aspects of striking. But again Lee's explosiveness and quickness along with threat of being taken down will temper this technical edge.

Lee can definitely get caught if he forgets to mix up his wrestling or if he starts to gas like he did in ferguson fight (which may be a concern depending on how hard he drained himself).

But yeah Im rolling with Lee for a third round stoppage ground and pounding from the mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
        Who you got?
        Lol sorry longpost just really hype for this fight and wanted to break it down.

Who you rolling with bruv?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
          Im going with lee..

I think he is better all-around. Very explosive and powerful. Prolly the physically strongest dude in division.

I think he may the second best wrestler after khabib as well. Not overall grappler because he has sme holes in his BJJ, but just the wrestling aspect.

He's just such a strong explosive dude.

So i think his wrestling will be the edge. Especially if it goes to a decision.

However barbosa is a few levels above lee in technical aspects of striking. But again Lee's explosiveness and quickness along with threat of being taken down will temper this technical edge.

Lee can definitely get caught if he forgets to mix up his wrestling or if he starts to gas like he did in ferguson fight (which may be a concern depending on how hard he drained himself).

But yeah Im rolling with Lee for a third round stoppage ground and pounding from the mount.
          Lol great assessment, pretty much agree with everything you said. Lee is one of the most physically impressive 155 guy I've seen. His wrestling is top notch as is pure athleticism. I think he's gonna take down barboza any chance he can and control the fight until he can get the stoppage most likely from ground and pound.

Barboza is dangerous because of his bjj and his stricking is a bit more refined. I think he will make it competitive if he tries to keep it on the feet but that's easier said than done.

You make a good point about the furgosen fight.. I think lee cuts a lot of weight and that eventually effects him as fights go on. If barboza can get to the 3rd round he should try and take advantage of that.

But I think lee is just too much for him

Comment

Working...
          X