Safe training exercises with a rib injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe training exercises with a rib injury

Hi All,

I got a rib injury (soft tissue) whilst sparring some weeks ago and it hasnt been going away so I am now resting it for a few weeks until it goes away. However, I would like to know what exercises I could do that will not hinder the recovery process.

I have found that my 121 training sessions with a boxing trainer (without sparring) aggravate the injury a lot - so clearly its not just a question of avoiding sparring.

I want to maintain fitness and strength as much as possible.

BTW - I got it checked out at the hospital and they suggested it is probably just ligament damage.

Joe

Biking and walking. I've bruised and cracked ribs before and running and upper body movements were painful. Certain weight training exercise for legs and maybe arms might not aggravate the injury.

Comment

Swimming.

Yes you may feel some pain but, the water and full body exercise will keep you in good condition.

But if you don't want to swim, you could always just get out in nature and cycle.

Comment

Hey, try juggling. Get the' large 'soft balls.

Comment

Don’t do anything that aggravates the injury. Do any exercise that does not aggravate the injury. I’d say use your best judgment

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
            Hey, try juggling. Get the' large 'soft balls.
            Like Loma??

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Like Loma??
              juggling is displayed on hieroglyphics. Yeah, that's what motivated me

Comment

Working...
              X