Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many people on the fat Yank side see Deontay Wilder as their winning ticket.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many people on the fat Yank side see Deontay Wilder as their winning ticket.

He is not worth what they want for him.

I just read an article from the LA Times which quotes Al Haymon as telling Wilder the $40m offer was "training camp money" for Floyd Mayweather, and therefore shouldn't be accepted. So, is Haymon putting Wilder in the same earning bracket as Floyd now? Nobody in their right mind will pay Wilder that kind of money. It is clear they are trying to cash all their chips with the Anthony Joshua fight. I'm not critisizing them for that, but it is crystal clear.

Originally posted by W1LL View Post

I just read an article from the LA Times which quotes Al Haymon as telling Wilder the $40m offer was "training camp money" for Floyd Mayweather, and therefore shouldn't be accepted. So, is Haymon putting Wilder in the same earning bracket as Floyd now? Nobody in their right mind will pay Wilder that kind of money. It is clear they are trying to cash all their chips with the Anthony Joshua fight. I'm not critisizing them for that, but it is crystal clear.
    I agree they're trying to cash their chips in with the AJ fight just like GGG cashed his in with Canelo.

I don't think Haymon thinks Wilder is going to earn Floyd's $300M but should both AJ and Wilder win their next bouts without controversy, that fight is worth probably in excess of $140M (pulling a number out of my fat Yank backside). People have to remember that HW fights have always commanded a premium and that one between two undefeated, title-holding HWs from opposite sides of the pond is a promoter's dream.

Wilder probably can get $60M of it with AJ getting $80M. Both guys will cash in and if the fight is competitive, exciting or controversial there would be a rematch which would exceed those numbers. Then either guy could drive a fight with Fury for excellent money. There's probably $150M or more reasonably available to Wilder if he beats AJ and AJ probably has $200M or more coming to him if he can beat Wilder.

What's scary is that those numbers may actually be low. Most estimates here and elsewhere have actually been on the low end when talking about the gate for top tier fights. An undefeated Wilder vs. AJ is absolutely top tier.

Comment

Originally posted by Granath View Post
      I agree they're trying to cash their chips in with the AJ fight just like GGG cashed his in with Canelo.
      Hold on a minute, that fight was supposed to happen years ago.
      Canelo threw the belt, remember?

Comment

Well, to be honest, at least Wilder fights. Mayweather would just play it same against a real threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
          Hold on a minute, that fight was supposed to happen years ago.
          Canelo threw the belt, remember?
          Yeah dude came in and proved the OP right straight away with his Wilder fan PR routine. Step 1. Randomly deflect onto GGG Step 2. Claim Wilder is worth $20M more than anybody offers him, no matter how much he is offered Step 3. Pivot away while throwing random numbers around based upon logic that makes no sense "Yeah AJ-Wilder will generate $900B because 2 unbeaten HWs, UK vs US" even though Wilder-Fury matched that description and failed to generate anywhere near that.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Yeah dude came in and proved the OP right straight away with his Wilder fan PR routine. Step 1. Randomly deflect onto GGG Step 2. Claim Wilder is worth $20M more than anybody offers him, no matter how much he is offered Step 3. Pivot away while throwing random numbers around based upon logic that makes no sense "Yeah AJ-Wilder will generate $900B because 2 unbeaten HWs, UK vs US" even though Wilder-Fury matched that description and failed to generate anywhere near that.
            😄😄 gotta say, there were a lot of ifs and probablies in that response. All so we can see eventually see the fight with at least one guy past his prime. Wilder's no spring chicken and I'm not up for another May/Pac scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Yeah cause fury has the same star power as Aj get your head out of your arse mate .

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post

So you asked a question than answered it yourself , why did you make this thread exactly ?

Comment

Yall need to stop pocket watching these fighters

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
                    Yeah cause fury has the same star power as Aj get your head out of your arse mate .
                    Read the posts dipshit. If he had said "The fight will be worth £150M+ because AJ has huge star power" my response would've been different. Like I'm gonna reply to every possible thought the guy could have in his head rather than what he actually types.

But yeah great point, Wilder should be paid far more this time than vs Fury because AJ will make it a huge fight and bring the money. Wilder only popular enough for regular Showtime now but vs AJ needs to be offered Dr Evil level financial amounts to take the fight.

Clown Wilder fans want to try and make out this fight will be worth more than it is so they can justify him turning down every offer. Even when it's a great offer, the line is "but if they offer this now, they are gonna offer even more in few months!" so will continually just wait forever, a cheerleader for the bank account of a man they never met rather a fan of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X