Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't these millionaire boxers get English lessons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    God you're dumb. Speaking English in the county where you're making your money AND reaching the largest audience is only going to enhance ones popularity. Not doing so, well, your not reaching your audience.
    That's true to an extent, to take a fighter to next level, like it did for Pacquiao, but it's obviously not necessary and it's not going to have the same effect in every fighters' career, especially at a random stage of their career.

Tito Trinidad actually benefited from not speaking english because his fan base could identify better with him.

Comment

i would actually prefer if all fighters who speak another language just did interviews with a translator. speaking english does not sway my opinion on fighters. i watch boxing for the fights, could care less about personality or anything like that.

golovkin interviews are pretty funny though. definitely enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
        Especially Mexicans! They dont learn the language of the neighboring country
        Why don't Americans learn Spanish then? Mexico is a neighboring country - get proactive people.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          Why don't Americans learn Spanish then? Mexico is a neighboring country - get proactive people.
          Many Mexican boxers fighting in USA so, English is the one of most spoken language in the world. Everyone accepts English as an international language. Mexican boxers have millions of fans in the world and these fans want to know their favorite boxers talk. Example: Ukranian, Russian, Japanese, Greek, Serbian, French, German, Swedish, British, Italian fans of Saul Alvarez so on which side Saul Alvarez will talk to these people? Ukranian not understand Spanish! Greek, Italian, Swedish, German also... This is not racism so, learning english is very important today! My native language is not english but i try to learn cuz this is very important for my social and working life. Racism between Mexican and Americans is very meaningless. Everyone respects other cultures but everyone develops in various fields.

Comment

Best way to learn a language is to speak it daily.

Mexican Mexican fighters live and train in Mexico. The need to speak more than Spanish isn't there

Comment

These threads are so useless.

Comment

a lot of these foreign fighters speak better english than gayweather jr.

Comment

Why should they? Boxing is an international sport with people from different countries and different language... Its not like a Mexican came to play in the NBA and didn't speak English, not the same at all... U know, there's not only English in the world... Its really up to them what language they wish to speak

Comment

They don't want to get more money in English endorsements

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      a lot of these foreign fighters speak better english than gayweather jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X