Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd Mayweather have took the shot Hearns sparked Duran with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
    There's nothing about any fight in Floyds career that would suggest that he couldnt. Who really knows or cares anyway?
    If you think he could take that shot then your an idiot imo. He most definitely could have avoided it though.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't have avoided those bombs, Floyd would lose in 3 rounds or less by brutal KO, easy win for Hearns totally different level and Floyd isn't ANYWHERE near that level.

Comment

Nobody from 154 and down could take that shot....He'd have kayoed some guys at 160 and 168 with that shot if it landed like it did on duran...flush, quick, on the sweet spot and full torque.

Comment

Floyd never let the world know, and left everyone wondering. He rarely fought anyone with physical advantages in reach and height. Didn't he fight a big guy in Canelo? Well it was a CW and the guy was about 5ft 8 or 9, which is hardly a giant..

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            This is one of the problems I have with boxing fans. Y'all always trying to compare with the past. NO one knows the answers to these type of questions, unless they have some sort of mythical powers. You can sit up here and say fighter X would lose to an old school fighter like Ray Robinson all day, but the fact remains, no one knows unless they actually fight. It's just like you bloggers on here always complaining about fights but don't know how good the fight will be until they are actually in the ring cc Madaina Mayweather 1
            What's wrong with comparing modern with the past on a ****ing boxing forum and what's the difference between that an comparing two fighters of this era? Most of us have seen enough of Duran' Hearns and Floyd to come up with logical conclusions. Comparing is one of the best things about talking boxing.

Comment

It's been pointed out that nobody knows the answer to questions like this. All you can do is guess at the answer. In real life no boxer ever knocked Mayweather down in his long career of fighting excellent boxers. Mayweather has a proven great chin. The punch Hearns hit Duran with was as hard a punch as I've ever seen and I don't think any boxer in that weight class could remain standing after taking that punch square on the jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                Floyd wouldn't have avoided those bombs, Floyd would lose in 3 rounds or less by brutal KO, easy win for Hearns totally different level and Floyd isn't ANYWHERE near that level.
                Not saying Hearns would never KO floyd but this is odd reasoning because I have never seen any cumulative ATG rankings that have Hearns ahead of or anywhere near Floyd.

I guess it's factual-Floyd is nowhere nears Hearns, same way Leonard, Duran and Hagler are not either.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  He didn't kayo Wilfred Benitez....Floyd is an over all better fighter than Benitez....He is a different level than Benitez....we'll never know. Anybody can get knocked out if they get hit with a shot they don't see or at the right time and place.

At 154 and down other guys Hearns didn't spark out were Mike Colbert, Alfonso Haymon, Ernie Singletary and Luigi Minchillo....these guys were several levels below Floyd

You have to land the right shot to kayo a fighter....but we'll never know

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    You need to work on your spelling and grammar. No, Mayweather could not take that punch. It was a much harder punch than the punch Mosley badly hurt Mayweather with. Mayweather has a good chin but not good enough to take the monster punch Hearns hit Duran with. Duran had a great chin and that punch knocked him out cold for a long time. It would do the same thing to Mayweather.
                    The fact that you didn't realise my poor grammar was joke intended is hilarious 😂
                    As for the rest of your post I agree 100% 👍

Comment

First off, Floyd isn't Duran!

Could Hearns take those shots that put Diego down??? Contextualize the weights. Be fair to hearns & Floyd! Could hearns cut that much weight to step in to fight Floyd???

Comment

Working...
                      X