Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did mares and santa cruz deserve this much money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only the top guys get this kind of money. The rest still gets crap. People make it sound as if it's an across the board thing.

Comment

No problem with it, they put on a good fight and filled up Staple Center!

Comment

Yes, Especially Santa Cruz who did most of the real fighting. Mares was borderline worth that much with all the holding he did. I look forward to any fight Santa Cruz has but could take or leave a Mares fight. To me Mares was worth a million because of his record and Santa Cruz was worth at least 2million because of his record and his very exciting, fan friendly style. I think he will go on to be a superstar in boxing.

Comment

Ronda Rousey money with the Rousey drawing power? No

Comment

Isn't what they normally get? If anything Leo got shortchanged for finally taking on tough opponent. Looks like Al made a cool half million from that party.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Isn't what they normally get? If anything Leo got shortchanged for finally taking on tough opponent. Looks like Al made a cool half million from that party.
              Leo made 500k to beat his sparring partner

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                Only the top guys get this kind of money. The rest still gets crap. People make it sound as if it's an across the board thing.
                Al haymon main eventers usually make like 200k plus

Comment

Isn't 400K-1.5M normal for top fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    I think they deserve every penny they can get. Regardless of whether you like or hate Al Haymon, you can't dispute the fact that he pays his fighters well. I hope PBC is successful, but even if it fails, guys like Mares and Santa Cruz can always go back to a promoter like Top Rank or Golden Boy and collect the short money that they pay all their other fighters.
                    Bradley just made 1.5MM for that Vargas fight and I think Vargas made like 600K or something. GGG just made 1.5MM for the Monroe fight too. Lookd in line with what PBC pays their guys honestly.

Comment

Compare that to Robert Guerrero getting a mill vs Martinez in an empty Stub Hub or Lara getting a mill vs Rodriguez in an empty United Center, Marez/Santa Cruz were bargains. But in terms of actual market value, that's probably spot on to what they deserved. I remember Vazquez/Marquez or Castillo/Corrales getting way less that that.

Comment

Working...
                      X