Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it means ur a bum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
      I'm wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone else when fighting more skilled fighters.
      When sparring against someone at my or lower skill, my boxing is excellent and my punches seem to land left to right while leaving them little change to even hit me as I slip and duck under his punches and hooks and I often get compliments on how incredible fast I am with my feets and hands, which in turn boosts my ego a lot!
      However when I spar against more skilled fighters I look as if I just started boxing a week ago and my tricks and any way of fighting just doesn't seem to cut it, which puts me in a state of doubt about myself.
      Is this normal or do I just indeed suck at boxing or has it something to do with self confidence and fear?
      Lol, thats normal with anything in life bro, people who are more proficent and experienced in a discipline are going to beat you at it. An experienced fighter knows how to control the pace of the fight/spar and limit what you can do with his skill/ringcraft. Your never going to look good in there against someone with more craft than you, its like when everyone fights Hopkins or Toney, those guys have a deeper knowledge of the ring than even other top guys, so they just know how to make you look bad.

Get in there, train hard and appreciate the time u get to spar better fighters because that how you step your game up another level, boxing is a hurt sport, you get physically and mentally hurt in order to progress, thats the way it is. But you dont think of anything as a setback, rather a learning curve, It sounds stereotypical but its true

Comment

As for specifically what to do when in there with guys like that, well like i said your not going to look as good as u normally do but what u can do is focus on your all round technique, hands, feet, guard make sure there all correct. Pump your jab, come behind that and work off it. Try different angles, vary your punches, head/body etc etc If you work like that with an experinced guy your gonna learn quickly

Comment

Rock you have to over power that guy.............run through him, over power him, bust his ribs up & down!
          Remember your a greasy fast Italian Sub!

Comment

yous gotta eat lightnin'...... and CRAP THUNDA.................. Rockin'

Comment

burp tornados and fart hurricanes?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
                I'm wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone else when fighting more skilled fighters.
                When sparring against someone at my or lower skill, my boxing is excellent and my punches seem to land left to right while leaving them little change to even hit me as I slip and duck under his punches and hooks and I often get compliments on how incredible fast I am with my feets and hands, which in turn boosts my ego a lot!
                However when I spar against more skilled fighters I look as if I just started boxing a week ago and my tricks and any way of fighting just doesn't seem to cut it, which puts me in a state of doubt about myself.
                Is this normal or do I just indeed suck at boxing or has it something to do with self confidence and fear?
                Funnily enough I'm terrible when playing chess against better chess players than me, even though I can school most children.

You suck against more skilled fighters because they are more skilled.

Comment

Working...
                X